this is so true <\3

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Orpingtons4U, Mar 31, 2012.

1. Orpingtons4U

Orpingtons4U Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 22, 2011
    Central Virginia
    <\3 <\3 rabbit breeders deal with this all the time People need to Learn how to care for rabbits... Oh this just gave me a idea i will set up at places to teach people how to handle the rabbits and teach them how to care for them

[​IMG]

2. chickaddict

chickaddict Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Bristol
    All the rabbits Ihave were once Easer toys.

Baby chicks have the same problem

3. Orpingtons4U

Nov 22, 2011
    Central Virginia
    Yeah

4. dainerra

dainerra Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    it's true for ALL animals. they aren't toys and should NEVER be given as gifts. Even if you know that someone is going to buy a pet for themselves, don't go and buy one as a gift FOR them. Don't get a pet as a gift for your toddler. Don't buy a puppy to teach your children to be responsible.

this is a HUGE pet peeve of mine!

5. chickened

chickened Overrun With Chickens

Oct 2, 2010
    western Oregon
    Bought rabbits for my oldest son when he was about 10 years old (not for Easter) It was a constant battle to get him to care for them. Finally got rid of them after about 3 months. About 2 weeks after they were gone DS comes in house crying ..."where are my rabbits?"...

6. mossypath

mossypath Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2012
    ohio
    I could not hold my tongue this week when on craigslist list looking for cages read a listing for a rabbit. Threatened to let it lose if someone did not come and get it soon. %$#&% people should never own animals. My guess from the location it was college students leaving school for the summer and would like to think they would know better.
    First time I have gotten on to scold someone but could not believe someone would threaten to release a bunny if one of us did not step up and take over for their lack of planning.
    Could not flag the add hoping the rabbit can find a GOOD home but so tired of seeing threats of take this (dog,cat,rabbit) now or we will drop it off at the pound or let lose. [​IMG]

P.S. most animals we have ever had has come from a home or shelter that someone didn’t want or could not handle .

Last edited: Apr 1, 2012
  7. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Like was stated, no animal is a toy! Pets are for life. Lots of people just don't get that!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    I actually had someone ask me if I could hatch out a few chicks for an Easter suprise for their child. I replied I would be glad to supply boiled eggs for an Easter egg hunt, and would even dye a few eggs, but my personal beliefs did not allow me to raise any animal as a temporary source of entertainment.

9. Orpingtons4U

Nov 22, 2011
    Central Virginia
    Yeah

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by