This is the cool thing about chickens

wingnut1

Crazy Bird Lady
11 Years
Apr 21, 2008
A Galaxy Far Far Away
Watching them focus on *whatever* in the yard.. no way to explain it to those who don't understand the pleasure of their simplicity.. you BYC folks know what I mean, though, dontcha!?
wee.gif

9261_chickchillin2.jpg

9261_chickchillin1.jpg

oh yes, i love watching my chickens. especially when they communicate with each other. they are so funny. i have one hen that is very vocal and i love to listen to her. don't know what she is saying but i'm sure it's important.

what I noticed we have a huge RIR rooster and he sure seems like the head honcho of the flock . the other 3 roosters can hardly get near the hens with BIG RED around .

He also communicates very well , he makes this awful sounding noise and all the hens and Teens move in opposite direction then he pays the 3 roosters back for messing with the rest of the flock . LOL

THE GOD FATHER SHOULD BE HIS NAME .... LOL

ep.gif
jumpy.gif
D.gif
hugs.gif
:aww
thumbsup.gif

I live over a barn so when I walk out the door I am literally at work (lots of people, most of the time...a boarding facility). I have my garden spot tucked away, garden on one side and chicken coop and run on the other side. I go there to watch my chickens a lot during the day....great way to de stress and just get away from it all. I could watch them for hours. Watching chickens is just mesmerizing to me. It's my spot on the property.

I KNEW you BYC folks would understand!!!

Penelope77 - my cuckoo maran uses the same language with me - I find myself clucking back, and I KNOW we are having a conversation. About what? Who knows. But I agree with you - it is VERY important!

And HEY - does EVERYBODY have a chicken that keeps running after bugs even when it means they are going to hit the wall/fence/whatever? Now THAT'S enthusiasm!!
lau.gif

yes . I also have the teens chasing each other and jumping over feeders and themselves to SEE WHAT the other has found . Its to funny . I actually thought one would try and jump over my 2 ft. RIR ROOSTER .

We took a pail of earth worms the other day and had a ball with these chickens . They went nuts .

actually broke them up in 1/2 ( BIG NIGHT CRAWLERS ) and tossed them one my one inside and HOLY MOSES talk about a Camera Moment to say the least .
lau.gif

ep.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom