This is the craziest thing

Possibly something came by and scared them last night? Could an egg malfunction happen in a day like that from fright?

The possibility of them being stressed by a predator seems likely to me.

Do people in your area use firecrackers or gunfire to celebrate holidays? If so, noises in the night of that kind might have upset them.

Or it may be one of those weird things that happens sometimes with no real explanation.

layer food. was not aware acv could mess with calcium. It seems everywhere you go do this NO DONT DO THAT. this is good NO THAT IS NOT GOOD... seen it here that acv was good for them, so use it. 3 gallons of water put a teaspoon full or so in.

fluffle them up means pet her basically, she likes it when i give her a little rub down, take my hands and ruffle her feathers a little bit. just 5 or 6 seconds, she puffs all out then and is happy for the attention.

Aaron
I highly doubt that one teaspoon in 3 gallons of water will do anything... So I doubt that's your issue.

Did you get pictures of each egg?

I dropped the white one :( :💩:
but here is the round one, and the long one in the back is a normal one

Its kind of hard to show the long one ill try again later when the lighting is better

Aaron

Attachments

• egg1.jpg
    egg1.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 2
  • egg2.jpg
    egg2.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 2
Well, I checked today, 2 eggs laid so far and they are normal. Momma's are banded (body checked) but she's about 4 - 5 yrs old so this happens every so often, back to normal I guess. Still I wonder what happened with this and them ALL having an off day at the same time.

lets see if the other 2 lay today and if so what they look like.

Aaron

What type of food? A starter, grower or layer type?

Why do you put ACV in their water?

Do you know that ACV can inhibit their absorption of calcium?
I've given ACV in my birds water, & never had an issue with egg shells.

I just don't give it every single day.

Maybe some hunting? My family hunts on the farmland so our girls have seemed unphased by shots fired but they get in a tizzy when motorcycles drive by & RUN to the coop 😂. Maybe some new sound scared them!

Back
Top Bottom