This is the craziest thing

Why can't an armored truck pull up and scare them so they poop out golden eggs for me? If they gonna tweak out, let's do it constructively !!
Eggs are not perfect every day. I think you just had an unusual stars crossing event. I have gotten eggs like you describe, but I will admit, not on the same day.

I don't think it is anything you can control or even influence.
Thank you for the reply, and after today's harvest of eggs that were, all things considered, normal, while I am totally in your school of %%^&^ happens sometimes, I just wanted to be sure that something bad was not going on and I missed it and let it hurt my girls...

Aaron

What are the ages of these hens? Are they due to start their first adult molt or are they old enough to have molted in years past in fall? Molt can affect egg quality as the hen's body prepares to shut down the egg assembly line.
One is about a year, 2 are around 2 years old and one is pushing probably 4 or so now. Yah, I get the goofy eggs every now and then, but for all 4 of them to do it at the same time? That is what concerned me.

Aaron

Well today I went outside at 4 am and there was a fkn possum on my back porch. Took a swing at it with garden tongs but missed. The hopefully good news is, the thing got into my bag of rat poison pellets and was eating them, so hopefully it dies.

The bad news is, that is what may have scared my chickens. I'll have to set a trap and sit outside with the 410 now it seems waiting for this little sob.

Aaron

Didn't see anything last night, have security cam trained where he was no movement there either. It was also a frost night, not sure if that would keep them in or not as well. If I never see it again, good but I know that won't happen.

Read up on it, rat poison probably won't work on them, have to do something else.

Aaron

Back
Top Bottom