This is Tickles my chick approx 9 weeks old anyone know what it is?

thank you all
big_smile.png
she is definetly a cutie whatever she is she has a great personality
smile.png

I believe that you have an EE there cute too

ETA: But none of the parents in your original descripstion are EEs or Ameracaunas so..... I am confused to that.... however if she has 5 toes shes got something else in her... but no black skin... so I dont think it is the silkie.... hmmmm this is weird... LOL

Last edited:
Hey guys, it seems like everyone has this knee-jerk response of beard=EE or chipmunk=EE etc. The OP gave the list of possible breeds and EE was not on the list. There are other breeds that have beards and by golly Silkies are one of them (they come both bearded and non-bearded). And gosh, Silkies have five toes too! Looks like she is 1/4 Silkie.

I am not sure of who mom and dad are, but perhaps the OP can look at the chicken calculator, plug in the colors of the possible parents and then see if Tickles matches any of the resulting crosses: http://kippenjungle.nl/kruising.html

She
is quite adorable!

She looks like a hen to me. My knee jerk reaction is she looks like an EE but, since know of the breeds you said could make an EE I am saying not. I have never had the breeds that you have but, If I were you I would figure out which of your breed have five toes and that should help narrow things down. Then I would figure out which of your possible parent breeds have beards and muffs. I think by doing this you can narrow things down. I once bought some chicks that had Wheaton Ameraucana mamas and either silver penciled Plymouth rock or Dorking Roo. I was able to figure the daddy was a Dorking by the fact some of the chickies had five toes and they all had the same coloring so they had the same parents. I think doing this process of elimination might be good for you too.
wink.png
The person who commented before me said something about plugging in characteristics and possible parents into some site sounds like that might be worth a shot too. She is a cutie though.
smile.png

Quote:
hi there, well i tried the calculator wow im sorry but it is to difficult to work out so i couldnt tell you or anyone else what it says the answer is but in what you and others have said im guessing that she is nh x silkie rooster x with silver spangled hamburg hen? from the pattern but im not sure if its the black rooster or the white spickled one either way reacon that ee is probably out of the question

Quote:
hi there, well i tried the calculator wow im sorry but it is to difficult to work out so i couldnt tell you or anyone else what it says the answer is but in what you and others have said im guessing that she is nh x silkie rooster x with silver spangled hamburg hen? from the pattern but im not sure if its the black rooster or the white spickled one either way reacon that ee is probably out of the question

The calculator is more like a game--my 10yo DD likes to 'play' it and see what she comes up with! I am wondering if you could post photos of the two possible dads and the hens in question and maybe someone more experienced than I can look at them and get a better guess for you. Also my daughter can play the chicken calculator game for you!

Quote:

The calculator is more like a game--my 10yo DD likes to 'play' it and see what she comes up with! I am wondering if you could post photos of the two possible dads and the hens in question and maybe someone more experienced than I can look at them and get a better guess for you. Also my daughter can play the chicken calculator game for you!

hmmm unfortunately im unable to do that as the boys are no longer with us and the girls are just normal breeds sorry i would have loved to show you as they were very beautiful boys but not possible thank you all.

Back
Top Bottom