This is Tweedle Dee COCKATIEL PIC

Englishjodes

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jan 11, 2012
Victoria, Australia
Tweedle Dee is my hand raised 'tiel who thinks she is royalty.
If she doesn't get her toast crust in the morning she will let me know I've forgot!
Also she hates EVERYTHING but me, mirror, a head scratch and food i guess.

She hates the camera and she lives with 2 budgies which she also hates! (well doesn't like them approaching her)
She don't like it when you say "peekaboo" or whistling noises on TV or in songs lol
But she does like music by KISS, maiden, priest, dio, scorpions etc... ????!!! She such a weirdo
lau.gif

She is adoreable and quite the character! A head banging bird for sure, liking that music! I had a Senegal parrot that I hand raised about 10 years ago, and she/he didn't like anyone but me as she got older. Unfortunately, she DID NOT like my boyfriend who I married, so I had to find a new home for her. (One of those it's me or the bird situations.)

Take care and thanks for sharing the pic!

Sharon

Such a cutie! They are quite characters. I also have a female tiel. She is named Cornelius and like yours, LOVES me, hates the budgies who live in a different cage, free flies the apartment and knows simple tricks. Taught her to wolf whistle and call back to her name. Also knows that "good bye-we are going now" means to be quiet as we will not be listening for her. Working on fetching a stick while flying, not just fetching on the ground.

I have 2 cockatiels, they love when I put youtube on and play videos of other cockatiels. But I have never heard of one no liking whistling..
She is beautiful, does she whisle? Maybe she thinks they sound bad.

Cockatiels sure do love their head scratches don't they? My boys will bother me to death about it, and if I don't scratch them in a timely manner, all the while they sit on my lap, they will bite right thru my pants! And they all want it now!

What a cutie you have there!!

Cockatiels sure do love their head scratches don't they? My boys will bother me to death about it, and if I don't scratch them in a timely manner, all the while they sit on my lap, they will bite right thru my pants! And they all want it now!

What a cutie you have there!!

Oh Gosh do they NEED their head scratches. If I'm not doing it right, my girl will throw a fit and bite my fingers! Of course I stop right then and there, walk away, and next thing you know I have a velcro bird attached to the side of my head who wants nothing more than to be close. Glad mine isn't the only neurotic one. haha All birds are neurotic.

Every cockatiel I have ever came in contact with has always been really mean. I have 2 quakers, and mine is a one person bird, the other is a two person bird, my momma and me.

Cockatiels can be cranky. I don't know why they are pushed as being a good 'first time bird'. However with a LOT of work, the cranky ones can tame down to be sweeties. I have one that is 15 years old this year, had him since he was 6 weeks old. Up until 3 years ago, he was sure I was out to eat him and was the meanest, crankiest bird I had ever seen.

But one day, he realized that all that he was nervous about and biting about was never going to happen. One day, he was sweet as pie. I never gave up on this bird and kept up with patience and kindness and it has payed off! He is a real sweet heart now.

Back
Top Bottom