This is Weird, and I really need to know if anyone has this problem

The yeast is on both animals and humans all the time. I would work on finding out what is allowing it to get out of hand. There is something that is causing an imbalance here. Have you had them on major antibiotics? have you been on antibiotics? Do they need more ventilation in their coop?/run? Is there a lot of runoff from a factory or mill that could be leaking stuff into your soil that could depress you & your birds immune systems? Is there something in your water supply that could be depleting your vit c or vitamin B? Yeah, stress can cause it to get out of hand, but usually there is something that allows it in in the first place. For people, blood sugar problems, too many carbs in the diet, immune system problems, and hormonal imbalances can create an enviroment that yeast can overbreed. Are you in a farming community? Some of the pesticides out now can have bad effects on the endocrine system and throw off your hormone balance causing all sorts of havoc with digestion and immune system.

I hope you can find something out about what is allowing the conditions to be ripe for this. Please let us know if you find anything out.

Of course, i warn you i know more about the people side of this issue than the poultry side. My sis is a nurse and my other sister has lupus

If you have tried conventional treatments and the meds aren't working, try colloidal silver. Take a tsp am and night and gargle with it. Try it for two weeks straight and see if it improves. And no, you won't turn blue. That whack job out west that everyone always talks about in regards to argyia, drank quarts of colloidal silver a day.
For your birds, you might want to mix it into their drinking water. Use a small fount so they are sure to drink some of it daily. I would use it on the birds for two or three weeks. It is worth a shot. I would use an ounce to a pint of water. *Just guessing at doses* You can get CS online or you can make your own. There are many links on google or the such.

A lot of good suggestions here... But you will never get rid of yeast, it occurs naturally and most, maybe all of us have it in our digestive systems. As meds go, Diflucan is the A+ remedy, but available by Rx only, but you can go to the Dr to get it. It won't completely eliminate yeast but it will knock it back enough so you can use other means. And I mean really knock it back. By other means, I mean watch what you eat! Eliminate items that contain high fructose corn syrup (become a label reader). This means no sodas, no agave syrup, you may have to eliminate some fruit/fruit juices, especially if bottled or canned. Yeast loves moisture and sugar more than anything else. Add onions, garlic, and coconut oil to your diet. If it is sweet, eat it with coconut or the oil, if it is savory, onions and garlic are the thing. I have battled yeast before I ever got chickens and believe it was related to Chloramine (a newer chlorine based water disinfectant) that killed the good bacteria in the gut and mouth. If Chloramine is the problem in your water supply, you may need to drink bottled water and may explain why your problems clear up when you leave town. Anyway, these are things that worked for me and I had the problems pre-chicken and they came up when I was taking care of my mother who died of CA who lived in a town that used it. Google Chloramine and see if it is being used in your water supply. You will find that it is quite different from the ordinary chlorine that used to be used for drinking water disinfection and is causing a lot of problems for a lot of people who are sensitive to it in multiple ways. Unfortunately, many of them will never find out about the problems it causes, your water supplier will not tell you (but they will tell you what they are using as a disinfectant). And, it encourages the overgrowth of yeast. As does overuse of antibiotics, as they reduce good bacteria in the digestive tract and cause yeast (which is a form of fungus, unaffected by most antibiotics) overgrowth. Wishing you well!!

Back
Top Bottom