This is what I did when the power went out last night.

Break an Egg

Songster
11 Years
Mar 17, 2008
San Antonio
Well, the first time it went out, I really didn't do anything, it was about 8:30 and warm inside the house. The power came on 30 minutes later.

So, I did tell my husband that I was worried they will get cold and he said it is actually hot in the house, so when the power came back on he turned on the AC.
idunno.gif

The power went out again, for an hour this time, and I figured the chicks were getting cold seeing as there are only 3 of them.

So I started thinking of what I could use to keep them warm. I had these punch ball things that are basically large balloons with rubber bands on them.
I took one of those and filled it with about 6 oz of really warm water, dried it off, and wrapped it in a kitchen towel and put it next to them.

I really think they liked it, they fell asleep all in a ball next to the "water mama" and when the power and lights came on, they started running around again.
wee.gif

Only thing is, I think they miss their "mama" this morning.
gig.gif

That sounds like a good idea. I had the power go off recently. I put my chicks on my stomach and pulled my shirt over them. I then covered with a blanket and took a nap. (napped on couch so I could not roll over) I woke later with warm happy energetic chicks. It surprised me but they did not poo on me.

Back
Top Bottom