This is what you DON'T want to wake up to.......

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by MandyH, Jan 16, 2009.

1. MandyH

MandyH You'll shoot your eye out!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We woke up yesterday with my in laws beating on the doors screaming "fire". Of course, the ONLY day in Mississippi that the temp didn't get above freezing and the hoses were all frozen. This was our hatching/brooder house and we lost everything!

2. spook

spook Chillin' With My Peeps

Gosh, how terrible. I am very glad you are safe and well, but this is just sad. With the way the world is going and money being tight its a shame to hear of folks like you have to deal with such.

3. suenrob

suenrob Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2008
    Ft. Myers, FL
    OH, how horrible!!! So sorry for your loss. What happened?

4. MandyH

We don't know what happened. The adjuster and fire investigater are supposed to be coming Thursday.

5. Chic-n-farmer

Chic-n-farmer Showers of Blessings

I am so, so sorry. How awful for you.

6. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    I am so sorry!!!..my god, i have no clue what to say..except that i am very sorry!...[​IMG]

7. MandyH

It really sucks, BUT it could have been so much worse. The wind was blowing 20mph, the faucets were frozen, so all we could do was watch and pray the fire department would come on.

8. banter

banter Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2008
    Raymond Maine
    I am very sorry this happened to you. Thank God it was away from your house!

[​IMG]

9. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Oh my goodness, how awful! I'm glad it didn't spread and no people were hurt.. [​IMG]

10. toletiquesbysam

toletiquesbysam Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2008
    Nebraska
    Oh That's Terrible!!! Thank goodness it wasn't your home or close enough to spread to other buildings!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by