This is year already off to a bad start . ** UPDATE **

Crazy4Chicks

Songster
12 Years
Nov 20, 2007
Glendale, AZ
Me and DH have a paper-route for an out of state paper - we signed the contract in Feb-07 and are the only ones in this town that delivery's this paper - pretty cool ( at least it was ). We were told that Jan-13-08 they will no longer be bringing us any papers because they have decided to do away with our route - the only way to get the paper now is by mail - so there goes that job down the drain, not only will we be losing the money we get from the home throws but all the store accounts and all the paper racks !!
We get a monthly check from them that is big enough to cover rent in full plus have some left over for whatever is needed, and the store accounts went towards bills and than the money we got from the racks was " play " money ( going out to eat..movies..etc..)
DH does have another job but the lose of income is going to hurt --

Plus I was just out in the chicken yard talking to the girls ( and Clyde ) when one of my americana's decides now would be a great time to lay an egg which is great since they just started laying for the first time around christmas- so she walks up to me and starts to make the " I'm going to lay you an egg momma " sound and goes into the coop- so I wait and wait and wait some more I look in right as she stands up to lay and out comes a huge
ep.gif
light brown egg
barnie.gif
I was really hoping for another green layer but oh well an egg is an egg and it will taste great in the morning !!

oh well I am off to pout please tell me things will get better soon
fl.gif

your very stressed friend

Julie

Last edited:
It's very tough these days...believe me...I am supposed to work 20 hours a week and since I've been back to work from my car accident, the most I've gotten has been 10!

Sorry about the wrong colour...did you look at her sternly and beg for a green one next? LOL

hugs.gif

I did not have the heart to have the wrong color talk with her this time since this egg is huge compared to the others I have been getting even from my buff girl who has been laying since Sept.

I think I will have a talk to her tonight at bed time and let her know that the other americana who just started laying - lays the prettiest light green egg maybe she will take the hint LOL

Julie

so to hear about the cut in hours for you hopefully things will get better for us both
fl.gif

Hang in there,, here is hug from S. NM! (((((((((((((((( hug ))))))))! Don't know how to do it with the smilies,, but it works! Things will pick up I'm sure. Have you checked with other out of town papers?

I can sympathize with the cut in income. We farm and our main crop is wheat. We had a late freeze last spring that killed the wheat, so we're squeaking by on pretty much less than 1/2 our normal income...which isn't much to begin with!! Hang in there!!

Last edited:
It sure is tough and you are not alone crazy. Hang in there like I keep on telling myself. I am alone and I swear it gets harder and harder every day,,,everything goes up, paycheck stays the same!

I'm sorry to hear about the problems. Just keep the faith and maybe this was meant to be. Something much better may come along.

smile.png
it will be ok..everything always works itself out. my sister cleans houses and dose good maybe you could do that . just a thought.

Hang in there, things will get better.

BTW, how long was your contract for?
If they're breaking your contract, you're entitled to compensation for the time remaining on your contract.

Back
Top Bottom