This must be HATCH DAY because I have some hatching too! UPDATED PICS

I go in and check on them every fifteen minutes, its driving me crazy. I am so scared that they are going to die.

jackiedon.. You seem to always have something hatching! How fun is that. I wanted to start a second batch so it wouldn't be so long in between, but after reading some of the posts I have decided to wait. Mine are supposed to silver crested polish, they looked beautiful in the pictures. I asked the seller before I bought them if they made good pets and he said they did, but now after reading what people are writing about them I am a little scared.

First one hatched about 5 minutes ago! Black with white markings; maybe a cuckoo? I'll be able to tell better once it dries out. The others are about where they were before.

A second one hatched about an hour ago; same colors as the first, but more white. Maybe these are going to be splash instead of cuckoo colors? Not that it matters; they are just too cute.
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

Well, off to bed- I'll post an update first thing in the morning. Goodnight everyone!
frow.gif

LOL- I have another one hatched and another one pipping, so I have a total of three out of the shell and one still working on it.
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

I can't tell if the other eggs are still rocking or not because of the chicks tromping around in the incubator, but tonight is the start of day 21, so I am hopeful I will still get a few more... I had a total of 18 eggs, 15 were viable at day 14, so I was hoping that around half of those would hatch... not a real good hatch rate if they quit now!
hu.gif

UPDATE- 3 more hatched out today, for a total of 6 chicks hatched. There are 9 more eggs in the incubator, but I can't tell if they're doing anything because the windows are so fogged up and the chicks that hatched are playing roller derby with them. Tonight is the start of day 21.

I think I will take the chicks out tonight and check on the status of the other eggs, just to be sure no one's stuck and needs help.

I'll post pics of the 6 I have tomorrow when they're all dried off and cute!

He Chelle hows it going? I will tell you this there's just not a possibility of splash out of our stock, You may get however, Cuckoo,black, blue, white and partridge. All the whites will hatch out silver the cuckoos black and greyish, and Partridge well stripedy you get it. I'll be watching the post for ya. And hey Thanks for the Promo we appreciate it.

Back
Top Bottom