This Old House article featuring chickens

BearSwampChick

Chicken Sensei
12 Years
Jan 10, 2008
Marysville, OH
In the October issue of This Old House magazine there's a gardening article on a lady in Seattle who keeps chickens in her backyard. She has 3 buff orps and a really nifty coop. Maybe she's a member of BYC? Jennifer Carlson, are you out there?

I wanted to link to the article, but they don't have it up yet on their website.

Oooh! Thanks for posting this! I'll have to pick up the magazine for DH-he loves Bob Vila! I've been slowly getting him interested in the chickens. He loves Chicken Football-when I drop a mealworm on the ground and they chase each other around for it! LOL!

Maybe he'll get to work on a nice coop if he sees one in This Old House!
wink.png

Shelly

Ooh, I hate to burst your Bob Vila bubble of happiness, but he hasn't been a part of This Old House in 10 years or longer! It's still a great magazine and show without him though.
smile.png

I LOVED it when Bob was on the show. They would say each other's names in pretty much every sentence...

"Well, Norm, what do you think we should do here?"

"Well, Bob, I was thinking we should do this."

"That sounds like a good idea, Norm. Let's check with the home owner what he thinks of it. Well, Fred it's your house, what do you say?"

"Yeah, Bob and Norm, that sounds like a great idea."

And later, after he left This Old House and started Home Again, he'd always have to show you how to do something...

"Here's how you lay bathroom tile." Bob lays one piece of tile. "Alright we'll be back in a minute." When they came back from the commercial break, the floor is done. "And that's how you lay bathroom tile. Next, we look at grouting it..."

I'm not a huge Bob Villa fan (I think he's a bit cocky) but I LOVE the guys on Ask This Old House! I think Richard Trethewey would be the most fun guy to hang out with... he cracks me up!

BTW, BYC gets a lot of traffic from Bob's site (I think it is listed as a resource for coops), so I can't knock him too much.
wink.png

If you're talking about the one in the article, you will probably have to wait until they put the current issue on their website. Right now they're still running the Sept. issue articles.

Back
Top Bottom