This site needs pictures of the different colors

All right! BCF has some of those varieties you don't have any pictures for yet.
yesss.gif

Wow, I'm overwhelmed!
Thank you all.
I'd better get busy.

By the way, I've discovered that it does something weird if people PM me pictures...or is BYC just doing something weird today? I seem to be having technical difficulties!

While I'm getting so much help and advice, do you guys have suggestions about the layout of the website?
For example, would you rather see separate pages for IB chicks, IB male, and IB female, or ?
Any input to make it more user-friendly would be greatly appreciated.

Once we have more chick pictures, I also want to make pages that have all different color/pattern chicks together for easy comparison, what do you think?

wee.gif

I am really glad you are working on this project! It will be so much better for everyone to have a reference like this. Also all of the photos you are using are nice and clear.

I like the layout a lot. Maybe you could have a main page where it shows smaller images of every single peafowl variety and then that way people could quickly find what they have or what they want. I don't know if it is possible at all, but it would be really cool if people could get on the site and there could be a "Find Your Variety" page where you click check marks for certain things like white markings, blue neck, male or female, etc and then based on the categories you select it will tell you which peafowl varieties your criteria best match up with. I don't know if that is something too complex to do or not, but it could be interesting.

Well, Blue Creek, you are really expanding our selection.
But can I confess, as a person who only spends time around IB and IBBS, that I'm not sure what all of your peas are...
Can you enlighten me??

Also, if you have any pictures of chicks that you can post or send me, and let me know what they are, that would be great.
Chick IDing is one of the original reasons for creating a database, I think.

Thanks again for being so generous with your images!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom