This Waterer & Feeder?

leah vanity

Chirping
Jun 21, 2022
New England for now...
Hey friends!

I'm currently shopping for a waterer/feeder when my chickies get a little older (they arrive next week! yay!) Anyone have this waterer/feeder? Thoughts???

Here's the Amazon link - also see pic below.

I've only got 6 chicks...

ok, go!

Attachments

• IMG_5773.PNG
    IMG_5773.PNG
    572.7 KB · Views: 33
I am a new chicken owner- I have it and it works great! I didn't have to do anything to teach them how to eat or drink out of it. The food is never on the ground. The water cups are never dirty.

The only thing I didn't think about was heating the water in the winter. I'm still trying to figure it out because most bases fit the typical round bottom ones.

Overall, i'm happy with the purchase, but might need to get a new waterer for winter.

I am a new chicken owner- I have it and it works great! I didn't have to do anything to teach them how to eat or drink out of it. The food is never on the ground. The water cups are never dirty.

The only thing I didn't think about was heating the water in the winter. I'm still trying to figure it out because most bases fit the typical round bottom ones.

Overall, i'm happy with the purchase, but might need to get a new waterer for winter.
Awesome, thanks!! How many do chicks do you have? When did they arrive?

Outside we have:
2 silkies are 9/10 weeks.
5 Buff Orpingtons are 5/6 weeks.

We have 13 more inside in the brooder. We went with unsexed and looks like most of the ones outside are trending towards roosters ATM. :(

Good idea, I am using them.
And I'm also buying replacements for it on Amazon.
I need more buckets to feed my chicks.
So I need to punch holes in the buckets, so I need more feeders

Last edited:
I have similar designs from Rent-A-Coop. The waterer works great and they went to it without any coaxing or training. Mine has these clean-out cups in the waterers that supposedly make cleaning easier, but removing them is a bit of a pain and I think they slightly diminish the depth of the water they have to drink from...though nothing that prevents them from drinking. And I clean the whole waterer weekly, so I'm not sure I even need the extra cup protectors in there anyway.

I haven't put the feeder in yet, as they just turned 3 months old last week and they recommended not using it for chicks younger than that. I'm going to introduce them to it this week.

^This. They have good capacity and should keep down waste/mess. If you are interested, you can produce your own for considerably cheaper. The only other issue is that the waterer will not work in winter. The water needs to be kept above freezing (usually using an electrical heater) and those cups will freeze. Horizontal nipples would do better in winter. Either find one with horizontal nipple or go with a second, winter-only waterer.

Back
Top Bottom