Thor visits the Vet

That's my boy. Whom just ate half of the coating off of my corndog (I had a craving) but he shared it with the wenches. So he got a bite of the hot dog for himself.
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
i keep my chickens on a low protein diet, they get whatever protein thats in the feed, and sometimes crickets and worms. However, they have been ruining the diet plan by finding mice that my cat kills
he.gif

What on earth makes you think the cat killed them? I have 2 GIRLS that will kill a mouse in a flash...also lizards, snakes and any bug they see.

Why a low protein diet if I may ask? They are not vegetarians and need that protein...so I am curious.

Quote:
Here in CA, we can receive chicks, but I think they are from hatcheries that have been tested for all the necessary certs. No problem with eggs as far as I know. As for border check...not necessarily directly at the border, but there are ag checks that check for for animals and fruit (no fruit allowed due to fruit fly). For example, if you drive in from Las Vegas, you will have to pass the ag check just north of Barstow (~1.5 hrs into the state from the border, but located just before any incorporated areas). But, if you drive in from Reno, NV and head south on 395, I don't remember there being any ag checks at all into the SoCal area (and I have driven it many times).

Not sure about south but coming from Oregon there is one right at the border and those fools make you stop. In March you either must go South through Cali, East through the pass which is dangerous or north. I chose North, especially after calling the Cali Highway Patrol who told me to avoid coming down there even with the paperwork.

We have a friend that had his u-haul searched and unloaded because "he was a veteran and therefore had firearms" can you imagine? Sorry but I cannot stand that State and avoided it like the plague.

But the hatcheries are NPIP and checked so they have no problems.

Last edited:
i guess to me it just seems odd to feed chickens meat. im also not sure if they kill them, but i know for a fact that they have gotten some thanks to the cat, they might have found others on their own and killed them

Quote:
I find it odd to feed them chicken...I just cannot do it. LOL But at Thanksgiving and Christmas...I took the turkey carcass out to them and they picked it clean. They get salmon too...their favorite is leftover spaghetti - them and the ducks. But they love their sweet potatoes, butternut squash, peas and steamed rice...OMG they will knock you down for a bowl of steamed rice.

I was just curious because so many people think they are vegetarians when they really aren't.

No i know they are not vegetarians, like I said, feeding them real meat, not just bugs, seems weird to me.
idunno.gif

Quote:
I find it odd to feed them chicken...I just cannot do it. LOL But at Thanksgiving and Christmas...I took the turkey carcass out to them and they picked it clean. They get salmon too...their favorite is leftover spaghetti - them and the ducks. But they love their sweet potatoes, butternut squash, peas and steamed rice...OMG they will knock you down for a bowl of steamed rice.

I was just curious because so many people think they are vegetarians when they really aren't.

Back
Top Bottom