Thor's thread- The Queen Of The House (and Thoodles' #millefleursisters club!)

Pics
What's cuter than Thor on a swing?
Thoodles on a swing!

20220507_100900_HDR.jpg

Hello. I'm Noodles, and I'm a barbu d'uccle.

I started my life in the house, where I hatched in the incubator. I was second place. I hatched just before mommy arrived home so I could greet her. I was moved to a lovely brooder with my brother Nutmeg. Later in the day, my younger brother Peanut had to be helped. I heard the humans talk about him so I was worried. But my mommy successfully saved him and he moved in with us the next day.
We grew up being loved, and I loved to play with mommy. She said I reminded her of a rooster who she once had. She showed me a picture of him and told me all the things I did that he also did as a chick. Like dustbathing on mommy's lap.
I loved to watch videos with mommy on her big tablet screen! I learned about all the farm animals... Pig, sheep, cow, and chicken!
Then I grew up and we moved to live outside. I was a bit sad but mommy promised she'd still play with me and cuddle me, and maybe some fresh air would be lovely! We lived in the coop for a while but it was hard for mommy to spend as much time with me as we used to. Once we integrated, mommy spent time with me a bit more.
Then my brothers got too loud. My mommy explained to the three of us about some things called neighbours who live next to the fence, and that they don't like roosters. So we all spent as much time together as we could... Then they had to go. There was just me, and a bunch of big, unfamiliar hens. One pair of hens had some chicks. Bully chicks.
My mommy noticed I was down and we drifted together again. We'd spend all our time cuddling and talking.
Then a small frizzle chick called Thor was integrated. I heard she was a house chick. Mommy encouraged me to befriend her but I wasn't sure. I mean, me, a show quality mille fleur barbu d'uccle, with a little scruffy chick? But I didn't want mommy to stop cuddling me so I tried not to peck her. She turned out to be a really nice chick and she had lots of stories to tell. One night I invited her to roost with me. Thor was happy, mommy was happy, and I was happy. Thor is so warm to sleep under! A hen called Dalma was also integrated too. I didn't understand why she was so scared of mommy. Who doesn't like cuddles?

Anyway, now I have a great life. Lots of cuddles and treats. I have friends like Thor, Vision, Katie, Dalma, and maybe even Wanda! But all the hens in the coop are pretty nice.

Back
Top Bottom