Those chickens that just want to cuddle

Chick-la-la

In the Brooder
Mar 6, 2020
Hey Everyone! I am curious to hear about cuddly chickens.... you know the ones that run up to you, that WANT your pets and even snuggle up for a nap in your arms? :hugs
Yeah those chickens!!!
I never believed people’s stories about cuddly chickens before, mine have always just tolerated my pets with a submissive squat and used me for my mealworms. :p But I have a polish pullet that comes running to my voice every time I go into the coop and gets onto my hand, walks up my arm, snuggles up to my shoulder and falls asleep as I pet her! She grips on when I go to put her down. My heart is so full y’all! I have always loved my chickens, but this is just on a whole different level! LOL! I want her to be a house chicken:celebrateLOL!! Please share stories and pictures of YOUR cuddly chickens. No one really gets it, but I know my chicken peeps do!:love
This is Dixie Chick❤️
3E5A8087-6D86-47FC-9736-3D50B1E3D381.jpeg

This is one of my buff orpington roos, Pumpkin. He lives for cuddles. You sit down? He's on your lap. All of my 9 except one will come over to you and invite themselves onto your lap. The one that won't I have been trying to take and just the other day she happily sat on my lap for ages until I had to go.

Attachments

• IMG_20200417_154532.jpg
    IMG_20200417_154532.jpg
    409.1 KB · Views: 6
Love the pic. Thanks. I have 10 chickens of 10 different breeds, and only 1 ISA Brown that every comes up to me to be petted. The others could care less for me unless I have food in hand. Oh well, I still enjoy them all.
This is all I have ever known too! They come up for a treat but if no treat, no pets. 🤷🏼‍♀️ I love them tho and each one still makes me laugh every day! ☺️

Hey Everyone! I am curious to hear about cuddly chickens.... you know the ones that run up to you, that WANT your pets and even snuggle up for a nap in your arms? :hugs
Yeah those chickens!!!
I never believed people’s stories about cuddly chickens before, mine have always just tolerated my pets with a submissive squat and used me for my mealworms. :p But I have a polish pullet that comes running to my voice every time I go into the coop and gets onto my hand, walks up my arm, snuggles up to my shoulder and falls asleep as I pet her! She grips on when I go to put her down. My heart is so full y’all! I have always loved my chickens, but this is just on a whole different level! LOL! I want her to be a house chicken:celebrateLOL!! Please share stories and pictures of YOUR cuddly chickens. No one really gets it, but I know my chicken peeps do!:love
This is Dixie Chick❤View attachment 2138805
I have my first polish chick and I am soooo hoping for a cuddly one!!!

This was my Welsummer, Scratch, but once she hit about 20 weeks she wasn't feeling so snuggly anymore. She's still my favorite little bird though.
1589457295374.png

1589457312591.png

I have my first polish chick and I am soooo hoping for a cuddly one!!!

This was my Welsummer, Scratch, but once she hit about 20 weeks she wasn't feeling so snuggly anymore. She's still my favorite little bird though.
View attachment 2139262
View attachment 2139263
Oh my gosh I love it!!! I have a little Cochin that looks almost exactly like yours and she is also one who wants to sit on my legs if they are stretched out. She isn’t as snuggly as the Polish but is definitely special! The Polish chick is just so funny! Always wants to nap in my arms.😂

Back
Top Bottom