Those Unnecessary Worries

There are risks with anything and everything. There are risks (small) with spaying. There are risks with not spaying. A non spayed dog is far more likely to get breast cancer and infections of the uterus are not uncommon. Plus there are the risks accociated with an unplanned pregnancy. You can get in a car accident on the way to the vet. If you want to worry about something, There is no shortage of things to worry about. I have found, however, that the things I fretted and stewed about the most were the things that never happened.

The above is right. We have always had our dogs & cats & even pet rabbits spayed & castrated at 6-8 months, not wishing to worsen the pet epidemic. Here in the UK the operation is very safe & the dog recovers quickly. Also a younger dog recovers better.

You actually (with good intentions, I'm sure) put her at a greater risk of harm by breeding her & leaving her unspayed. Pups are a huge drain on the bodies resources, take it from me, I know two breeders & the the risks involved (and the costs) can be huge.

Let us all know how it goes
thumbsup.gif

Don't blame you at ll. I had my dog neutered 3 weeks ago and I was very worried. Not to mention my boyfriend works out of town, so he is my only companion during the day unless I go somewhere or have someone over. It was so weirs not having him at home with me for that little bit
and my friend that works at the vet clinic, thought I was a bit ridiculous because i did tear up when I dropped him off. But I didn't care, there are always things to worry about. Especially when they read off to you what all the risks are.
But he is home happy and healthy, so it was worth it.
I have been where you are, I also put it off for a little . Only because I am a huge worrywart.

Back
Top Bottom