Those using homemade PVC feeders question

TwinCreeks

Hatching
6 Years
Apr 27, 2013
I am a newbie and have 6 chicks. They are 9-12 wks old. I bought the rounded white feeder with the round red sectioned tray and have it hung. The problem is that the feed never sifts down by itself. I am having to go out 2-3 times a day and shake the feed down into the tray. Twice now when shaking it, the bottom red tray has come off, what a mess and loss of feed. Some days if it has become empty, they literally start attacking my hands, etc while I try to get the food shaken down. I have seen the pvc feeders with pellets in them. I was wondering if those feeders work with mash type feed? Thanks for all the help!

I don't use mash. In my feeder that sounds similar to yours, I inverted a small plastic bowl to force the feed to the sides and through the openings to the tray. It just makes a rounded hump in the middle of the bottom of the supply container.

You could make a cone and invert it similarly to force all the feed to the sides.

Chris

Thank you so much, Chris. That is a great idea and may solve the problem. Thanks for respondng!

Back
Top Bottom