Thought about posting about this for a loooong time

Debi -

I have no advice - I'm sure you have tried everything! Just know you are in my prayers. You have been given a lot to bear these days and if you ever need big shoulders to cry on, I'm here for you!

hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

Dr. Phil,,,,,,,,,,write call, beg, whatever you can to get his attention and if he can, he'll help. I know, but have Sara do it. Have her send a pic of her and the child.,,,,,,,,,,,,far shot, but might be worth it. Ya never know. good luck, and God Bless your Sara!

Quote:
Prison. Not a great option. Sara technically lives with us. We would not raise the child just help her get custody of him.

Sara came home last night without the baby. Rachel wouldn't let her take him. Ugh.

I personally have no faith in the DHS system. I have seen it fail too many times in my profession. I do believe that calling law enforcement will eventually get results. I say this because sooner or later, some cop who has had to check out the situation too many times will push to save the kid. The right cop, with the right moral attitude, may be a savior if it keeps entering into his/her backlog of paperwork over and over.

I wish I could be of more assistance, but I can only offer this one piece of wisdom to you, Debi:

God never gives you more than you can handle. He has placed these people, these obstacles, and these blessings within your reach for a reason, a purpose, and His confidence that you will help those involved. When it seems like too much to handle and that your plate is too full, turn it back to Him and know that He will never give you more than He knows you can fulfill.

maybe you could get a list from child protection on what specific things one has to do to loose custody or to have them step in. Then get photographic of video evidence of whatever is on that list if she in fact is doing them. Coupled with a strongly worded letter and evidence I don't see how they could not react. Tell them that if nothing is done you are going to forward the same information to their superiors as well as the local papers and the prosecutors at family court.

Having never been in that situation I am only guessing. Lawyers are very expensive, but maybe you could ask the family court to appoint a guardian enlighten to fight for the child's rights That is something that they should provide the child for free.

Deb,

I spent years trying to get custody of our stepchildren due to the mother having drug issues and several charges of poss/with intent to distribute.

They absolutely wouldn't do anything......... It is so frustrating. She would drop the kids off with anyone that would take them. We did have them for a year, but when I took her back to Child Support Court to release us from the payments of 806.00 a month, she came and took them away and took them to her sister.

We never got the children, but I did beat her in Child Support, because she was committing Child Support Fraud.

I do hope that your situation turns out a lot better than mine did. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
hugs.gif

You may want to look into getting a guardian ad litem appointed to the child. If Sarah is serious about taking care of the child then she is going to have to step up and take some action.

I also found this little tidbit online about people that want to avoid guardianship found here: http://articles.directorym.com/Guardianship_Information_California-r1145276-California.html

"If
You Want to Avoid a Formal Guardianship

An adult who has physical custody of a child may have reasons for not wanting to become a legal guardian -- for example:

* The caretaker expects that the child's parents will not consent to a legal guardianship.
* Dynamics between family members are such that filing for a guardianship might set off a battle for legal custody. (This would be especially likely where a stepparent and one natural parent care for a child.)
* The caretaker doesn't want to be scrutinized in court or by a court-appointed investigator.

Some adults try to slide by and raise children (often grandchildren or other relatives) without any legal court authorization. If you go this route, you could run into problems with institutions that want authority from a parent or court-appointed legal guardian. Some communities and institutions, however, are very accommodating of people who are bringing up someone else's children. California, for example, has created a form that gives a nonparent permission to enroll a child in school and make medical decisions on the child's behalf without going to court. Research the laws in your state or talk to a knowledgeable family law attorney to find out whether there are ways you can care for a child that don't involve becoming a legal guardian."

and
hugs.gif
to you, what a difficult time for you all.

Quote:
You painted a picture of Sara perfectly there. She doesn't want a legal battle because she KNOWS she is unemployed and cannot provide for the child.

Rachel has never raised one of her 6 children past the age of 5. So, if nothing happens in three years I am sure it will then!!!!

Back
Top Bottom