Thought egg was dead... cracked it a bit to make sure and sure enough it’s alive!!

Hi how is your little one doing? I think Mvan42 is right it will need assistance in hatching - did it pip or try to pip externally? If yes could/can you see the beak in the little crack hole? As long as the chick makes little 'eating' movements with the beak it is absorbing the yolk and not yet ready to hatch completely.

I'm almost tempted to suggest fashioning a plastic sling of some sort, wrapping the egg in a damp cloth and shoving it down your top, suspended from your neck so as not to squash it.

That will be a nice warm humid place.

I may have read the bra hatching thread recently :oops:
The bra hatching thread is hilarious. Oh, I hope this little one makes it!

Sorry everyone! Got busy with work the last few days. Unfortunately it did not make it.. nor did the other one that hatched, when I left it to dry and eat my dinner, I came back and it was dead. :( We’re thinking next time we have a broody hen we will have an incubator handy! But we did save one, so now I believe the hen has about 7 chicks and all are doing well!

Sorry everyone! Got busy with work the last few days. Unfortunately it did not make it.. nor did the other one that hatched, when I left it to dry and eat my dinner, I came back and it was dead. :( We’re thinking next time we have a broody hen we will have an incubator handy! But we did save one, so now I believe the hen has about 7 chicks and all are doing well!
I'm so sorry you lost the little one and the other baby :hugs
I'm glad you could save one and all 7 babies are doing fine - best wishes for all your babies ❤️

Thanks for the update, and sorry for your losses. Good luck with the little ones!

Back
Top Bottom