Thoughts about the Mexican dike.

Yes Dennis it is a very unstable area. During the Easter earthquake of 2010, my niece and her family were at their home in Puerto Penasco. They felt it, but were not too concerned. However, people on the other side in Baja really got it. That suggests to me that the Pacific plate is doing the shaking and the North American plate is resisting.

We felt it here in Phoenix. The chandelier swung, and I could feel it in my bare feet.

As soon as it happened, Mahonri who posts from the other side of town mentioned it in this website. He had water slosshing in his swimming pool.

I am concerned that these quakes are happening that deep down. Should the dike fracture enough to pass sea water or enough to create a tidal problem, it could be really bad news for the whole Imperial Valley and a good part of the Coachella Valley. Not knowing the extent of fracture lines and faults, it is even possible that the Death Valley could be inundated.

I have to wonder how the earth's crust could accomodate the weight of the additional water in that area?

It could possible close I-8 and I-10 and the highways on the other side of the border. That would leave Baja isolated except for sea and air connections.

Now that is something to think about tonight.

Yes Dennis it is a very unstable area. During the Easter earthquake of 2010, my niece and her family were at their home in Puerto Penasco. They felt it, but were not too concerned. However, people on the other side in Baja really got it. That suggests to me that the Pacific plate is doing the shaking and the North American plate is resisting.

We felt it here in Phoenix. The chandelier swung, and I could feel it in my bare feet.

As soon as it happened, Mahonri who posts from the other side of town mentioned it in this website. He had water slosshing in his swimming pool.

I am concerned that these quakes are happening that deep down. Should the dike fracture enough to pass sea water or enough to create a tidal problem, it could be really bad news for the whole Imperial Valley and a good part of the Coachella Valley. Not knowing the extent of fracture lines and faults, it is even possible that the Death Valley could be inundated.

I have to wonder how the earth's crust could accomodate the weight of the additional water in that area?

It could possible close I-8 and I-10 and the highways on the other side of the border. That would leave Baja isolated except for sea and air connections.

Now that is something to think about tonight.

It could fracture enough to make Calif an island. That may raise my property values.

Yes, it might improve your property value. I see the fare to Catalina Island is about $38 dollars. I think about that when we have homeless people living in my alley. They are such a pain. Living on Catalina would isolate us from them. Too bad you just about have to be a millionaire to afford to live there.

I see we already have had two earthquakes today in Guadalupe Victoria. If it is creeping down there, pretty soon it will be jumping farther north. Good luck.

Yes, it might improve your property value. I see the fare to Catalina Island is about $38 dollars. I think about that when we have homeless people living in my alley. They are such a pain. Living on Catalina would isolate us from them. Too bad you just about have to be a millionaire to afford to live there.

I see we already have had two earthquakes today in Guadalupe Victoria. If it is creeping down there, pretty soon it will be jumping farther north. Good luck.

For over 50 years they have been saying that we could have the big one (8+) any day now. Still waiting.

I see LA had an earthquake today. It was centered in Westwood. I had an aunt that lived in Westwood, but she died in 1978.

I see the shaking is still going on in Guadalupe Victoria. They have had over 288 quakes in the last year. Some day it will happen, but not in our lifetimes I hope.

Back
Top Bottom