Thoughts on frozen peas

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by newbyduckmom, Oct 5, 2011.

1. newbyduckmom

newbyduckmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2011
    Snohomish County, WA
    When I was in high school and college, one of my favorite meals was a big bowl of frozen peas. I'd pop a bowl in the microwave a couple of times a week at least.

I still love frozen peas, but now many years older, I get more satisfaction out of taking a handful of frozen peas, calling the "duck, duck, ducks", and watching them scamper over, making a cacophony of noise, to get their favorite treats~!

How life changes!~[​IMG]

Can you tell I just tossed them a handful?[​IMG]

2. JulieNKC

JulieNKC Overrun With Chickens

Sep 25, 2010
    Kansas City
    I love frozen peas. They are a great babysitter for me. I grab a bag, hand them to my 2 year old, and can get what I want done with her unattatched from my hip for a few minutes. She eats some, shares some with the ducks and chickens(who don't like peas but will eat them just so the ducks don't get them all). Makes the ducks and the kids happy!

3. Going Quackers

Going Quackers Overrun With Chickens

May 24, 2011
    On, Canada
    I hate peas and only some of my ducks ever liked them... i don't give them often.. they seem to prefer dandelion leaves and there free! [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 6, 2011
  4. bayyjayy

bayyjayy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2011
    Utah
    I wish I could find something free that my ducks like as much as peas....peas are little balls of green chocolate for them. They would eat and eat and eat and eat and eat them.

5. veronicasmom

veronicasmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2009
    I would have to be starving to death to eat peas, they give me the heebie jeebies! But the duckies ADORE them, so I always have bags of frozen peas in the fridge. The other day I dropped some and the dogs scoffed them up. Now, the dogs and ducks get frozen peas for a treat daily! Strange dogs..............

Bayyjayy- grow your own peas! They are really easy.

6. tbitt

tbitt Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    IL
    LOL Veronicasmom, I thought my crazy dog was the only one who liked peas.

I have a Beagle/Basset mix who will sit next to me when I feed the ducks Peas and slowly sneak her nose in to get some.
    It took me a bit to realize she was stealing the peas from the ducks! [​IMG]

Love the peas, I even like them myself, but LOVE what they do to my ducks! [​IMG]

7. Roxy1989

Roxy1989 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2010
    my 2 went mad for peas for about 2weeks, now they aint so interested! they go mad for dandelion leaves now [​IMG] so cute when they see me picking them for them.

8. Going Quackers

Going Quackers Overrun With Chickens

May 24, 2011
    On, Canada
    Quote:I was going to say the same, grow 'em... My dogs will eat peas to but then if it came from your plate it has to be good- dog logic [​IMG]

9. 70%cocoa

70%cocoa Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2011
    Canberra, Australia
    My dog and chickens love peas too. Now when I call the ducks I also get four chickens and a Labrador [​IMG]

10. ChickInDelight

ChickInDelight Never an Empty Nest

Apr 27, 2011
    Browntown, VA
    Quote:My dogs eat anything I throw to the ducks and chickens. Tis a jealousy thing.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by