Thoughts on frozen peas

Quote:
So does one of mine. It's pretty funny to see him eating shredded cabbage or bits of lettuce. The other dog is not as driven by greed and gluttony.

But both dogs get "baby carrots" for treats. They love 'em!

I TRY to save the peas for the ducks, but once they start gobbling, the "somebody's got treats somewhere" radar goes off in at least one chicken, which will then bring the rest of the flock over. And, of course, Zorro.

My hubby LOVES peas...me, not so much....but one day when I was getting ready to go buy some more peas for the ducks...my hubby got a hound dog expression on his face and said, with an emphasis on I..."I like peas, too, you know!" I laughed all the way to the store. It was sooo funny the way he said it.

I WILL have to try growing them myself, huh? I suck.

I have never liked peas, well the lil english peas that we feed our ducks. but they love them and even my chickens will go to the cement mixing tub full of water and bob for peas, but as long as I put them in the water the ducks get most of them. My dogs love peas too, just my dh and I aren't liking them.

Quote:
You do not like peas so you say.

Try them try them and you may I say.

On a more semi-serious note, having fresh peas straight from the garden is very different than trying them frozen or from cans. It is similar to saying those red spheres they sell in produce are "tomatoes" when anyone who has ever grown a tomato knows better.

My kids used to think peas were some kind of frozen treat and would eat them while watching Wheel of Fortune (and learning some spelling, too).

deb g

I eat my peas with honey
I've done it all my life
It makes my peas taste funny
But it keeps them on my knife.

clap.gif

Back
Top Bottom