Thoughts on Ideal Poultry???

Nov 12, 2018
Someone I follow on instagram had a very bad experience with this place, Ive heard good and bad things about this place as well, but what do most y'all think of it I'd like to order fr the last time hopefully, and I really can only order from Welp, or Purley Poultry. I hope not Welp because their standard and bantam minimums are higher then nuts, the Purley Poultry one is a bit more reasonable, but really, the breeds I wanna get cant find much anywhere else... Is Ideal really that bad?? Is it worth it? I'm looking to do a all order hopefully of:
bantam OEG self blue
bantam Chabo (maybe)
another bantam similar variety ( maybe )
white silkie
ameraucana
red sex link (maybe)
blue laced red Wyandotte
black or blue copper maran
turken (maybe)
buff brahma (maybe)

dark brahma

They have a lot out of stock, but apart from that, I loved it. Didn't get any extras and one was the wrong color (right breed, just not a color I ordered, still love her though)

Every chick was happy and healthy and to this day, the only one I lost was a male that flew into a horse trough and drowned and he was almost 6 months.

Friendly phone service and easy to track the package.

Also I ordered 15 straight run and only ended up with 6 males
hopefully, they have all I want to order next year, no way am I ordering marans at almost $14 per chick at most hatcheries, plus this is one of the only hatcheries that sells the blue OEG I want most of all... but they don't have the black or blue copper marans I want which is sad... they may change what they have next year so hopefully, they will have what I want, if not I may just order a set of dark-colored Maran hatching eggs when I get an incubator, they also don't have ameraucana... maybe I could order from two hatcheries and just get what the other doesn't have.

Someone I follow on instagram had a very bad experience with this place, Ive heard good and bad things about this place as well, but what do most y'all think of it I'd like to order fr the last time hopefully, and I really can only order from Welp, or Purley Poultry. I hope not Welp because their standard and bantam minimums are higher then nuts, the Purley Poultry one is a bit more reasonable, but really, the breeds I wanna get cant find much anywhere else... Is Ideal really that bad?? Is it worth it? I'm looking to do a all order hopefully of:
bantam OEG self blue
bantam Chabo (maybe)
another bantam similar variety ( maybe )
white silkie
ameraucana
red sex link (maybe)
blue laced red Wyandotte
black or blue copper maran
turken (maybe)
buff brahma (maybe)

dark brahma
I’ve had great luck with Ideal poultry, all the chickens I bought from them lived and couple of times they threw an extra chicks they were usually males, orders arrive fast, this year is the first year of experience they’re out of stock problem

Back
Top Bottom