Thoughts on New Coop

brettshomestead

Chirping
Nov 27, 2016
Central oklahoma
Hey everyone just built a new coop a few days ago, and I was wondering if I could get some feed back on improvements. For reference I live in central oklahoma and the winters are fairly mild. I'm planning on cutting down some black locus trees to use as roosts and build egg boxes soon.

Attachments

• 20170524_195213.jpg
    20170524_195213.jpg
    613.7 KB · Views: 15
Having just had to reinforce my coop because of Racoons - I would say you need to go over the front and side screened sections with wire cloth...... what you have but with much smaller squares.

AND As it sits - anything could dig under it - some options for this..

1) take some wire cloth and slide under the coop - leaving several inches on the outside as to deter digging.
2) dig a trench several inches deep all the way around the structure and slide the wire cloth straight down in the trench
3) make a "skirt" of wire cloth all the way around the coop.

Love the look of it - Congratulations on building such a great coop! Your Chickens will be very happy!

Having just had to reinforce my coop because of Racoons - I would say you need to go over the front and side screened sections with wire cloth...... what you have but with much smaller squares.

AND As it sits - anything could dig under it - some options for this..

1) take some wire cloth and slide under the coop - leaving several inches on the outside as to deter digging.
2) dig a trench several inches deep all the way around the structure and slide the wire cloth straight down in the trench
3) make a "skirt" of wire cloth all the way around the coop.

Love the look of it - Congratulations on building such a great coop! Your Chickens will be very happy!
Thanks! The metal extends about 5inches into the ground already, but I do need to reinforce the front for sure. Thanks for the input :)

Back
Top Bottom