thoughts on this TSC brooder situation?

I have 2 TSC's near me. One has stopped using these new brooders and gone back to the stock tanks while the other is still using these brooders.
I am not sure about the new brooders, but it really does not matter what they have them in if they are not properly taken care of the chicks.
The one near me that has went back to the stock tanks had so many piled in the stock tank the other day that they literally could hardly move and the waterer was completely bone dry. Of course, most of the chicks could not get to it anyway.
I mentioned the water situation to an employee. Then, I was still in the store for a good 15-20 minutes and it was not taken care of, so I mentioned it again as I was checking out and basically got blown off.
Also, there were several empty stock tanks available, so there was no need to pack them all in there like cord wood.

what I don’t get is why these heat plates are not adjustable in height. I have the heat plate they are using in these brooder and the directions clearly state that the chicks/ ducklings should be able to touch the plate for them to get the proper level of heat. Now that said it also has a heater function for coops which just warms the air around it. But the key to those heat plates is adjusting them to the right height for chicks to be warm. If they had made them more adjustable I think these brooders might actually work if they are not over crowded. I also think that it is very stressful to be shipped in then put on display like they do is extremely stressful on babies.

what I don’t get is why these heat plates are not adjustable in height. I have the heat plate they are using in these brooder and the directions clearly state that the chicks/ ducklings should be able to touch the plate for them to get the proper level of heat. Now that said it also has a heater function for coops which just warms the air around it. But the key to those heat plates is adjusting them to the right height for chicks to be warm. If they had made them more adjustable I think these brooders might actually work if they are not over crowded. I also think that it is very stressful to be shipped in then put on display like they do is extremely stressful on babies.
Not every chamber came with the plate height adjusters. And chicks in most stores are being kept in the back for a day after arrival so they don't have as many deaths in public

I feel like it meant no more than 20 at any age - the heat plate isn’t big enough for more than that. It doesn’t cover the entire floor of the brooder - I’m pretty sure it isn’t much larger than a Brinsea radiant heater we had that was for twenty. And honestly, I feel like that brooder is way too small for twenty six week olds.

The heat plates are adjustable, but I suspect that they aren’t putting them on the lowest setting. Probably because the brooders are too crowded and they want customers able to see the chicks easily. Also I wouldn’t hesitate to think it could be also to make it easier for employees to get birds out.

I feel like it meant no more than 20 at any age - the heat plate isn’t big enough for more than that. It doesn’t cover the entire floor of the brooder - I’m pretty sure it isn’t much larger than a Brinsea radiant heater we had that was for twenty. And honestly, I feel like that brooder is way too small for twenty six week olds.
I agree.

Back
Top Bottom