Thread for my new ducklings

First swim!

They sure do grow fast don't they. I hope you have them on Niacin or Brewers yeast for their legs especially for the Pekin.  Such precious lil ones, has Pearl met them yet? 

Yes I have been putting Brewers yeast in their food since I got them, I do it until 8 weeks old?

Well, I tried introducing them and it did not go as planned, pearl had launched herself at them, which I don't know what that means exactly. Pearl has not been around another duck since she was 1-2 months old and she's a year old now and I could tell it stressed her out and she wasn't sure what to think, the babies are so much smaller too. I will wait until the babies are bigger and I will introduce them slowly, through fencing, which I didn't do in the first place because I wasn't expecting that reaction at all. Plus, I introduced them inside the house which might of stressed out pearl because she's not exactly used to the house even though I've brought her in many times. Like I said, I'll wait until they are bigger and introduce them through fencing :)

Yes I have been putting Brewers yeast in their food since I got them, I do it until 8 weeks old?

Well, I tried introducing them and it did not go as planned, pearl had launched herself at them, which I don't know what that means exactly. Pearl has not been around another duck since she was 1-2 months old and she's a year old now and I could tell it stressed her out and she wasn't sure what to think, the babies are so much smaller too. I will wait until the babies are bigger and I will introduce them slowly, through fencing, which I didn't do in the first place because I wasn't expecting that reaction at all. Plus, I introduced them inside the house which might of stressed out pearl because she's not exactly used to the house even though I've brought her in many times. Like I said, I'll wait until they are bigger and introduce them through fencing
smile.png
You just never know how they will react. Yep I keep mine on for 10 weeks.

New pictures of the babies!
There are a ton more pics on my Instagram page, pearltheduckandfriends

They're getting soo big!

Last edited:
They sure are getting big,  And you have a crested too.  How is it doing? sometimes they can have some issues.

Yes they are getting very big!

Yes i know about crested ducks and the issues they can have, I lost a crested duck because he was born with issues. Pearl was not meant to be an only duck, I had got her and Pete from a local feed store as a pair, I was told they were Pekins, obviously that wasn't true. A very long story short, at about two months old he started having seizures, it went from 1 every couple hours to 3+ an hour and we had to put him down. After researching on crested ducks i realized he had shown signs from day one (Pearl could get in and out of the pool and he could not, he would always flip on his back etc..)
It was traumatic and sad, I still cry thinking about him.

I feel kind of stupid for getting another crested after that happened and telling myself I would not do it. Pearl is such a great duck and this crested is so sweet and docile, they have the best personalitys.

Back
Top Bottom