Thread for my new ducklings

Pics
Your having summer? and we're going back into winter highs yesterday 63 today through next week some lows in teens highs only in low 40's  I want off this roller coaster. 

Not summer yet. That's freezing, it's already up to highs in the 80's here. We skipped winter which is kind of scary, we had only a few very cold days in December and barely January, which makes me scared for how hot summer will be if it's already that warm in March. it's usually around 102 feels like 110 or higher in the summer AKA miserable, especially for the birds.

Last edited:
Not summer yet. That's freezing, it's already up to highs in the 80's here. We skipped winter which is kind of scary, we had only a few very cold days in December and barely January, which makes me scared for how hot summer will be if it's already that warm in March. it's usually around 102 feels like 110 or higher in the summer AKA miserable, especially for the birds.
Lots of shade and plenty of water probably has to be the norm there eh?
My Muscovy's seem to prefer the warmer/hot months to the cold/frigid ones and I don't blame them.

How is Pearl and babies doing?

Lots of shade and plenty of water probably has to be the norm there eh? 
My Muscovy's seem to prefer the warmer/hot months to the cold/frigid ones and I don't blame them.

How is Pearl and babies doing?

Oh yeah lots of shade and frozen water bottles and ice

Pearl and the babies are fine, tried to introduce them again because she really wanted in to see their pool and such but she still charged them and launched herself at them :( I think it's a lot for her to take in since she has not been around another duck in a whole year, I'll just have to wait until their bigger, I'd thought they were big enough but I will wait until their almost fully feathered

Oh yeah lots of shade and frozen water bottles and ice

Pearl and the babies are fine, tried to introduce them again because she really wanted in to see their pool and such but she still charged them and launched herself at them
sad.png
I think it's a lot for her to take in since she has not been around another duck in a whole year, I'll just have to wait until their bigger, I'd thought they were big enough but I will wait until their almost fully feathered
Good idea, she'll come around.

So far we named two out of three ducks.
The pekin is named Dolly, the crested khaki is named Prince (we are pretty sure it's a drake) but we are still thinking on a name for the other khaki :)

Possible names for unnamed khaki baby

Chicken noodle (CAMPBELL soup
1f62c.png
Had to....)
Brownie (let's say basic altogether now...)
Bean
Dunkin' (like Dunkin' Donuts coffee)
Muddy buddy
Mud puddle
Mud Pie
Fondue (because it looks like they're dipped in chocolate)
Coca Cola
Baby Ruth
Snickers
Reese's or Reesa
Piggy (ducks can be gross...)
Moana (if it's a girl that loves water, and what duck doesn't!!!)
India
Ghiradelli
Chip
Chestnut
Espresso
Mocha
Mr. Bill (sounds like a cool drake name... yeah...)

Back
Top Bottom