Thread for my new ducklings

Wow i haven't been on here in awhile, apologies for the lack of updates.

Everyone is doing good, so far i have 2 drakes and 6 females (including Pearl) but i have the 3 straight run ducklings and i'm hoping i got all females. Magnolia already has started to get low for a drake and pearl got on her back twice, lol, it's a dominance thing right?

Here's some pictures

Last edited:
I believe its a dominance thing. Accept I did notice if the drakes wont mate them.they will go for each other.

Yeah that's what i thought. My drakes haven't even started trying to mate (one is 4 weeks old and the other is 11 weeks old) obviously the younger one won't be trying for a few months. The older one (bill) got on her back once but then got off after a few seconds, lol.

Yeah that's what i thought. My drakes haven't even started trying to mate (one is 4 weeks old and the other is 11 weeks old) obviously the younger one won't be trying for a few months. The older one (bill) got on her back once but then got off after a few seconds, lol.
Practice makes perfect.
tongue.png

Wow it took me around 30 minutes to figure out this new website

Anyway, turns out I have 5 drakes and 6 females I know I will for sure be getting rid of one drake but I really can't get rid of any of the other four, I'm way too attached to them. 6 girls to 4 boys is not enough right? How many more girls am I going to need to be able to keep 4 drakes?

Last edited:
Your drakes need at least 3 females each more if you can support them.
Which drake can you give up?

How about some updated pics. :pop

3 EACH great, I thought it was 2 each. I definitely cannot get 6 more females. Can I set up a separate area for the other 2 boys? Will they be okay by themselves and without females? I'm super attached to them and I really don't want to get rid of them.

I don't think it would work if they can see or hear the other ducks it will just make them frustrated and they will end up taking it out on each other.

Back
Top Bottom