Three chickens need help

chickenjane

In the Brooder
11 Years
Sep 23, 2008
Hi,

I am not sure if I am posting in the right forum, if not, please excuse me and tell me where to go.

I am in a bad domestic situation and must relocate to a shelter. I refuse to leave unless I can find a home for my three pet house chickens, one of whom has special needs. I am really hoping I can find someone who would foster them for the 90 days I am at the shelter as they as my babies. I am located in the Ft Lauderdale, FL area. If you know of anyone or any chicken/poultry rescues, please let me know.

Thanks in advance for any help and advice in this area.

Marlene

Thank you! I appreciate you thinking of me. Hopefully someone from down here will see my post. It is probably a long shot, anyway, but I thought what better place then Backyard Chickens who would understand these are pets and not livestock.

Marlene

I have adopted birds from our Animal Rescue League - maybe they can help you or foster the birds for you? Worth a call.....I am in Massachusetts so I'm not much help but I truly hope you are able to find someone to pitch in. Sorry to hear about your situation.

On this site, there are also threads by state - I think it is the "where am I? where are you?' thread. Try posting this on the florida page - you may have better luck on that thread.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.....

- Meg

Thank you everyone who replied. I think I found a place locally, I have to check them out today to make sure. I appreciate all the words of advice!

Marlene

Back
Top Bottom