Three hens?

flopschocolate

Chirping
8 Years
Jul 7, 2011
Albuquerque
Well I thought I knew how to identify a roo myself but after housing a secret (and in retrospective obvious) rooster for 2 months I figure I might as well get as much help as I can...

#1 if this isn't a pullet there's no hope for me (22 weeks, buff orp, no eggs yet)

#2 ~14 weeks, speckled sussex

#3 ~14 weeks, can't quite remember her (hopefully) breed, your opinion would be appreciated

welcome-byc.gif

All pullets, and if that buff isn't hiding eggs somewhere now, she's going to be laying literally any day now.

Not sure on the breed of the blue bird. Where did she come from? She could easily be a mix. I can't see what type of comb she has.

Thanks guys for the exciting confirmations! I got all the pullets from a local lady who hatched them all. The blue bird she called a lavender something... Possibly Orpington or Australorp.

Good on you for scoring 3 out of 3 pullets. I bought 5 chicks now 6 mths old. All claimed to be females.. 2now crowing and definitely roosters. Am waiting for verdicts on other 3 on forum. Knowing my luck I will balance the books with you and score all roosters!!!! hahahaha

Back
Top Bottom