Three hens?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by flopschocolate, Jul 24, 2016.

1. flopschocolate

flopschocolate Out Of The Brooder

Jul 7, 2011
    Albuquerque
    Well I thought I knew how to identify a roo myself but after housing a secret (and in retrospective obvious) rooster for 2 months I figure I might as well get as much help as I can...

#1 if this isn't a pullet there's no hope for me (22 weeks, buff orp, no eggs yet)
    [​IMG]

#2 ~14 weeks, speckled sussex
    [​IMG]

#3 ~14 weeks, can't quite remember her (hopefully) breed, your opinion would be appreciated

[​IMG]

2. Alexandra33

Alexandra33 Chillin' With My Peeps

All are pullets, and maybe the blue girl is an Olive Egger?

~Alex

3. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    [​IMG]

All pullets, and if that buff isn't hiding eggs somewhere now, she's going to be laying literally any day now.

Not sure on the breed of the blue bird. Where did she come from? She could easily be a mix. I can't see what type of comb she has.

4. Mountain Peeps

Mountain Peeps Change is inevitable, like the seasons Premium Member

Apr 23, 2014
    At our lodge
    My Coop
    Pretty pullets.

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    what a delight three pullets out of three.

6. flopschocolate

flopschocolate Out Of The Brooder

Jul 7, 2011
    Albuquerque
    Thanks guys for the exciting confirmations! I got all the pullets from a local lady who hatched them all. The blue bird she called a lavender something... Possibly Orpington or Australorp.

7. elhammo

elhammo Just Hatched

Jul 24, 2016
    Good on you for scoring 3 out of 3 pullets. I bought 5 chicks now 6 mths old. All claimed to be females.. 2now crowing and definitely roosters. Am waiting for verdicts on other 3 on forum. Knowing my luck I will balance the books with you and score all roosters!!!! hahahaha

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by