Three Insects Inside My Hen's Body

First of all, it's a winged insect, so it shouldn't by rights be inside a chicken's body unless the chicken ate them. Insects are food, after all.

When you say, "found inside my hen's body", where in her body did you discover them?

Or were they on your hen's body? That would tell us you found the insects on her skin or feathers somewhere.

Where on the planet do you live? Is it spring or fall there? How warm or wet is it right now? Lots of rain and humidity?

Does you hen happen to have any open wounds that are trying to heal?

First of all, it's a winged insect, so it shouldn't by rights be inside a chicken's body unless the chicken ate them. Insects are food, after all.

When you say, "found inside my hen's body", where in her body did you discover them?

Or were they on your hen's body? That would tell us you found the insects on her skin or feathers somewhere.

Where on the planet do you live? Is it spring or fall there? How warm or wet is it right now? Lots of rain and humidity?

Does you hen happen to have any open wounds that are trying to heal?
Yes as you said the insect is on my hen's body. (Sorry this is due to my weak language :/) It moves between the feathers.

Every time I hold my hen I see this insect on the top of the feathers, and I can't catch it because it moves inside in a fast way.

I live in Lebanon, it is still warm here.

No, she does not have any open wounds.

Hello Everyone

I hope you are having a great day 🥰

I found three of these insects (the image below) inside my hen's body. 😖 It looks like a fly. Do you know what exactly it is, and why it is inside her body?
WHAT DOES IT WANT FROM MY GIRL 🧐

Is it dangerous?
What should I do?

(Sorry if my English language seems weird 🥴)
It doesn't look like a ordinary fly. It's legs are thick and the body is wide. Looks like it bites. You should probably kill it. Don't let that bug crawl on your chickens.

Can you find permetrhin insecticide there? Look for permetrhin poultry dusting powder or look for spinosad. But read the label carefully and avoid anything that says it contains petroleum distillates as that can kill a chicken.

If you can find either permethrin or spinosad, very safe for poultry, depending on whether it's liquid or powder, spray or dust your chickens and that will discourage these insects from moving onto you hen.

This looks like a deer (louse) fly to me. Some years they are almost not to be seen, and other years they will be abundant pestering all living beings.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=hirschlausfliege&t=newext&iax=images&ia=images

If you have sheep or goats nearby or live near a forest, that might be the source of them.
I don't have sheep and goats and I don't even live in a forest. I only have one hen and one rooster, they are living in front the house.
It is their own space and I always clean it.
I really don't know from where they are coming 😓

Can you find permetrhin insecticide there? Look for permetrhin poultry dusting powder or look for spinosad. But read the label carefully and avoid anything that says it contains petroleum distillates as that can kill a chicken.

If you can find either permethrin or spinosad, very safe for poultry, depending on whether it's liquid or powder, spray or dust your chickens and that will discourage these insects from moving onto you hen.
Okay, thank you ❤️

Back
Top Bottom