Throat issue... Help!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Magic Birdie, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Magic Birdie

Magic Birdie Overrun With Chickens

May 3, 2011
    Magic Birdie land
    So a few months ago, I had a really bad sore throat that lasted around a week, and I couldn't talk, whispering hurt, I kept coughing up saliva, and my throat really hurted (and in the same week, I had to perform in a musical). When it was starting to get better, I yelled a bit out of excitement, and now I sometimes cannot talk properly because of the saliva that is always in my throat, and I can't sing as well either, and not as high. Is there anything I can do?

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Has this been going on for a few months? I would get to the doctors office as soon as is possible. Throat pain/lesions are not something to ignore or fool around with.

1 person likes this.
  3. Magic Birdie

Magic Birdie Overrun With Chickens

May 3, 2011
    Magic Birdie land

Okay, but my mom is saying how we don't have insurance and she's "working on" getting it.

4. cassie

cassie Overrun With Chickens

Mar 19, 2009
    This is a real case of penny wise and pound foolish. For instance, if you had strep throat, it could have gone into rheumatic fever which will cause heart disease. Other throat conditions can be very serious also. The ill effects, particularly of rheumatic fever, can last a lifetime.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by