Tibetan coturnix

Discussion in 'Quail' started by nikirushka, Feb 20, 2016.

1. nikirushka

nikirushka Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2014
    Am I right in thinking that vent/egg/crow sexing continues to be the best way with tibetans? I really want some, they are fast becoming my new favourite (nudging the italians off that top spot!) and a local store has some really nice ones but, I don't have a big pen and I do already have a roo so I don't want to be bringing home another accidentally.
  2. dc3085

dc3085 Chillin' With My Peeps

Correct they cannot be sexed by feather.
  3. hooliganbros

hooliganbros Out Of The Brooder

May 2, 2015
    I still consider myself a newbie. Vent sexting is really easy after using the method a few times. I have Browns, A-M, Tuxedo,andTibetan. I was apprehensive (timid) at first but now it's second nature when working with the birds.
  4. FrancenPants831

FrancenPants831 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 19, 2016
    I have these varieties also and I feel the same I'm new to this but after you try vent sexing .it's not hard to do.
  5. pattyb

pattyb New Egg

Mar 24, 2016
    Round Rock, Texas
    Hello! I am less than a newbie ... WANTING to have quail - and interested in Tibetan. You mentioned a local store that has some in your area - where is that please? Looking to 'adopt' 6-12 females as egg laying 'pets' only. My POA will not allow chickens :-( I have a half acre lot - thinking of using a wheelbarrow type coop on nice days - and evenings on a covered porch. Round Rock Texas.
  6. Borrowed Acres

Borrowed Acres New Egg

Feb 22, 2016
    I breed the pied tibetans and i just raise them till they foam so i know forsure

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by