Tilting Head

I started her on b complex, vitamin E, and selenium yesterday. She is getting worse. She also has a temperature of 106.8.

If she doesn't have wry neck, will this treatment hurt her? Should I add an antibiotic just in case to cover all grounds?
Also, the 0.4 ml of vitamin E excessive twice a day for such a little bird?
Thank you much! (-:

Treatment wont hurt although ive dealt with wry neck and im sure that's it.Vitamin e is fairly hard to overdose on you can lower it down for her.Also hand feed her most times they cant or wont eat drink by themselves.If your girl recovers continue treatment for a week but slowly lower doses.Best wishes
smile.png

Thank you! One more thing please. Is it normal wirh wry neck to get worse before better on treatment?
Once we straighten her head, she's good for a while. She is eating and drinking on her own.

She has started opening her mouth like she's gasping for breath. My pheasant did this for a few days before she died. Is it the same for all birds? Thanks

Her crop was empty in the morning, and she was hungry. She ate and looked fine. She is either on her side, or on her back in the morning with feet kicking. She also goes about her day and looks fairly normal, with a few head tilts, nothing major. When we go to pick her up to change her bedding, she always goes in to full wry neck mode. It isn't until we hold her head back up and soothe her, or put her back in her cage that she acts normal again. It almost looks like someone that is having seizures look like.

Back
Top Bottom