Time difference in egg hatches/ rough navel...HELP

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Parson's Wife, Feb 27, 2008.

1. Parson's Wife

Parson's Wife Blessed Abundantly

Jan 22, 2008
    Arkansas
    Question #1
    Is there a lot of time in between eggs hatching? I had six hatch fairly close together, and now seven are just laying there...one has been pipped...but it's been that way for several hours...no change or movement...(I think)...
    is this time difference normal?

Question #2
    My last chick was born with, a 'rough navel', any advice....what I saw on my searches was mostly to just leave it alone...&/or push it in.

Should I try to push it in and then leave it alone? Or just leave it alone?
    HELP! [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2008
  2. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

I have had chicks hatch as much as 3 days later then the first oens. All set at the same time. I would waite, give them a few more days, then candle. Hopefully they are just lazy! [​IMG]

As for the rough naval...I personally would leave it be It should heal on its own. Just make sure the other chicks are not pecking it.

3. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    They take their good old time...they don't all hatch at once...leave them in the bator and don't open it til the hatch is finished.....They need this time to fluff and rest....the rough navel should absorb on its own...

4. Berynn

Berynn Cooped Up

Oct 13, 2007
    my eggs have been hatching now for two days. An unnamed source told me to leave in for a few days this morning. I didn't listen. When I picked the first egg up to prepare for a c section, it was already pipped. Had to rehydrate the bater and put the egg back. and it hatched. Mine started their first pip on the 25 and still pipping and hatching.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by