Time for a new cellphone - smartphone recommendations?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by booker81, Oct 23, 2011.

1. iPhone 4S 16GB

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Droid 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Droid Charge

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Droid Incredible

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Get a couple tin cans and some string!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. booker81

booker81 Redneck Tech Girl

Apr 18, 2010
    Mid-MI
    Well, it's time for a new phone, my poor little Droid Eris is about obnoxiously useless - it doesn't notify of calls more often than not, the processor is going the junk, touch screen is iffy on a good day. It's served it's purpose, I did like it, but I'm over it.

I also managed to end up with a whopping credit at Verizon, partly my fault for paying extra too much, partly issues with their billing (ended up paying on a different account repeatedly, ended up getting it straightened out after an hour on the phone with a very nice rep, and ended up with $300 in credit.) I'm allowed to get a new phone - I'm still on the 2 year for a new phone discount (which goes away after this next phone), so I'm thinking it looks like some nice deals.

I use my phone a LOT for the internet, taking pictures, and I use the free navigation app a lot. I also have some apps for my 3 y/o daughter to play with. We go to our cabin every weekend now for hunting, so I check on on BYC, facebook and other sites a lot up there - we don't have good signal there, but enough to get by (usually 2bars). I want something with an 8MP camera, quicker processor, and good battery life.

I'm going to add a poll to this with the ones I've listed out for the price I feel like spending out of my credit. Any feedback is appreciated!!

[​IMG]

2. Yay Chicks!

Yay Chicks! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2010
    Forest Grove, OR
    Love my iphone. It does help if your computer is a mac.

3. bgelber

bgelber Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2009
    Athens, al
    I love my IPhone. We've had them for about a year and I honestly don't think we will go back. My husband's work actually requires he have one, he jokes that they look like a walking advertisement for apple.

but seriously, we took them to Disney using the camera, I check on BYC, facebook [​IMG] and my husband does his gun boards. Plus the GPS is VERY nice. Lots of free apps for games for the kiddos.

4. remuda1

remuda1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2011
    Granbury, Texas
    Hubby is watching the world series on tv, I'm messing around on BYC on my laptop and watching the Saints/Colts game on my iPhone4. I love this phone. Use multiple apps everyday. I had a whole long post typed out with all the stuff I like best about iPhone, but the internet service is spotty and lost the whole thing. I was one that said I'd never get an iPhone and couldn't understand why anyone would want one. Well, seeing is believing and I'm due an upgrade in January and will be getting the iPhone4s at that time. Same thing with a friend of mine..... I let her use mine on a 2.5 hour road trip and she had one of her own within a couple of weeks [​IMG]. If you do go this route, be sure to get the 2 yr. customer care program. Gives you "free" customer service for 2 years. The people you talk to there are really great and helpful.

5. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    Does the iPhone come in something bigger than 16G? I have a 32G iPod and it's full already. [​IMG]

6. thekid

thekid Chillin' With My Peeps

I got a LG VORTEX I like it a lot, its 3G and runs off a Android system.

7. KenK

KenK Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2011
    Georgia
    Just retired my Blackberry and got a new iphone. I'm liking it a lot.

I think the BB is a better phone while the iphone is a better pocket computer.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by