Time for noob questions :D Questions evryone should know but i dont :D lol

guineafowlguy

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jan 9, 2013
I was used to always using those styrofoam bators but lately i haven't had good results.

The chicks would stick to the inside of the shell. But the water was full. :(

And the thermostat would never stay true it would always go to hot.

Something must have been way wrong with my bators so i moved on to a Ova easy 190 :D Big jump but it should work.

So know that i have options for humidity, temperature, turning interavles and all that. Evrything should work better :D

So now I need to know what humidity I should set my peeps at on day 1 and hatch.

It is not still air so is there anything i should do differant?

Anything else i should know?

Thanks

Aim to keep you temperature steady at 99* through out the incubation and hatch. A good quality thermometer is essential! I've had a hatch flop because mine wasn't reading the temp right. Humidity needs to be between 45% and 55% during incubation and you need to turn the eggs minimum 3 times a day, though 5 times would be better. Try and time your turns so you turn them at regular intervals.
On day 18 stop turning them so the chicks can get into their hatching position and up the humidity to 60%-65%. The humidity will go up even more once they start hatching, but that is fine. Make sure they have plenty fresh air coming into the incubator, especially once they start hatching, because the chicks will be breathing the air in there then. Try not to open the incubator after day 18 unless you absolutely have to! Once the chicks are hatched they can stay in there for 24 hours or more. They don't need food and water for the first 2-3 days as they absorb the yolk just before hatching and live off that. Don't be tempted to open the incubator while an egg is pipped as it can cause the humidity to drop.

If you have nay more questions pop in here: Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Eggs There is a lot of informative notes and links in the first post on that thread.

Good luck with your hatch!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom