Time sensitive hatching question!

Oh man—so Saturday my eggs were supposed to hatch. Sunday morning my chicks started to hatch. Three were left and by Monday night only one of those had pipped so I took the other two out and set them on my counter because I did not want them to explode in the incubator—Assuming they were dead. Tuesday morning. I got curious what it looked like inside and I gently chipped away at one and hit a tiny bit of blood, which I assumed was normal, because it was probably the veins. I chipped one more piece away, and all of a sudden it started to move, and it looks like a little beak, and it started to chirp at me! I immediately put it back in the incubator and upped the humidity and it is chirping. I am enclosing a picture of the egg and just want to know if you think I should chip away more of the egg or let it be? I just can’t believe it would still be alive being out on my counter for a full day! It’s been in there a total of one hour and is moving and chirping less…..
What happened in the end?
You should ALWAYS check for life before removing eggs. Never assume. They can hatch late.

You are right-I know that now. First-timer.
Unfortunately the chick died. Very sad. I don’t think I assisted fast enough. I should’ve peeled back more of the shell sooner.
As long as the chick was able to breathe through the hole, I dont think you needed to do anything more. It just needed more time.
Sorry to hear that it didnt make it

Back
Top Bottom