(Time sensitive)What thermometer should I get at Walmart?

Artichoke Lover

Free Ranging
Jul 27, 2020
Southeast US
I’m supposed to be setting eggs to tonight and just figured out my thermometer isn’t working at all. It can’t be calibrated either. I need to pick up a new one tonight but the only place that will be open when I get off work is Walmart.

Depending where you live, your walmart may only have one or two options. Assuming you want to keep an eye on humidity as well, this could work:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/AcuRite-Indoor-Thermohygrometer-with-Humidity-Gauge-00325W/16888914

It says it is calibrated. I haven't used it personally.
I have that exact one been using it for several years its a good one. The ONLY reason I don't have it in my incubator is because I use ones with probes to free up an egg space. If they have that one get it. I know they all read different but mine is pretty dead on humidity and temp wise. I'm gonna add this you need to test it even if for a few hours if your gauges aren't working you'll lose the whole set.

20210322_072523.jpg
It stays in my brooder now.

I have that exact one been using it for several years its a good one. The ONLY reason I don't have it in my incubator is because I use ones with probes to free up an egg space. If they have that one get it. I know they all read different but mine is pretty dead on humidity and temp wise. I'm gonna add this you need to test it even if for a few hours if your gauges aren't working you'll lose the whole set.
Awesome I’m glad it works. I will definitely be testing it again before I set eggs. Right now I’m planning on setting them in the morning that should give me at least 12 hours. I set it up 24 hours in advance to calibrate it and decide to check the thermometer last minute and it was off a whole 10 degrees :he

Im Severely disappointed with the accurite thermometer. It’s off by 5 degrees right out of the box with no way to calibrate it. :he
It does seem to be consistently off by 5 degrees though so I guess that’s a plus. I also picked up a little 97¢ thermometer which ironically is accurate. I’ll put both of them in there and see how they do.

Im Severely disappointed with the accurite thermometer. It’s off by 5 degrees right out of the box with no way to calibrate it. :he
It does seem to be consistently off by 5 degrees though so I guess that’s a plus. I also picked up a little 97¢ thermometer which ironically is accurate. I’ll put both of them in there and see how they do.
What can't be calibrated?

What can't be calibrated?
The new accurite I looked it up and the newer models like I got only have an on and off button and I can change it from C to F but nothing more. :hmm The older models could be calibrated. It is doing better after sitting out last night so maybe I spoke to soon. It’s only 1 or 2 off this morning.

The new accurite I looked it up and the newer models like I got only have an on and off button and I can change it from C to F but nothing more. :hmm The older models could be calibrated. It is doing better after sitting out last night so maybe I spoke to soon. It’s only 1 or 2 off this morning.
Thats how mine is. Basically to calibrate mine I set my freezer temp and set it in there to see how far off it would be and salt test for humidity. Just adjusted from those readings.

Back
Top Bottom