Time to Build Permanent Coop!!!

Pics
Can you get under there if needed?
Is that the only door?

I assume this is functional, open to the coop with more area than the ridge slit?
It sure is pretty!!
Yes, there is a door on the out side and the inside. We get new chicks every other year. That way we can raise the chicks down below without the hens bothering them.

Cupla is functional, the gap between the ridge split is about 4”. But it will ventilate naturally.

Very pretty coop.

I have never regretted switching to a drop-down egg door.

I use shavings in my nests without any problems.
I didn’t realize how much nicer it is. Just as we were getting ready to move the hens in, my mother in-law says “This would be much nicer if the hatch opens the other way”

I took one look and thought, she is right. Flipped the hinges and was amazed at the difference. I modeled this after the Carolina Coops and they thought they had it all figured out!!!! Lol 😂

Sounds like I can hook them into a water main?
How many do you recommend for a flock of 12?

I'm afraid that I have no idea on that first one.

I've got more nipples than chickens because I use multiple waterers for my hot climate just in case something goes wrong with one of the waterers. Probably 3-4 chickens could share a nipple, but I don't know if there's a specific, recommended number. :)

I'm afraid that I have no idea on that first one.

I've got more nipples than chickens because I use multiple waterers for my hot climate just in case something goes wrong with one of the waterers. Probably 3-4 chickens could share a nipple, but I don't know if there's a specific, recommended number. :)
Ok thanks!! So the only problem you have had is them plugging up? Any problems with them leaking?

Back
Top Bottom