Time to get spring chicks!!!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Silkie Chicken, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Silkie Chicken

Silkie Chicken King Silkie

Feb 22, 2012
    I will be ordering some chickens with my flock. I am ordering them from Mcmurray Hatchery and some from mypetchicken.com. Please feel free to post what the cons and pros are about the breeds i am getting and if they will get along. Here are some pics of the breeds i will be getting. ( By the way I already have silkies but....i wanted more lol. )

White Cochin
    [​IMG]

Splash Silkie
    [​IMG]

White Silkie
    [​IMG]

Partridge SIlkie
    [​IMG]

Mille Fleur D'uccle
    [​IMG]

Black Frizzle Cochin
    [​IMG]

Blue Swedish Ducks
    [​IMG]

Rouen Ducks
    [​IMG]

Partridge Cochin
    [​IMG]

Salmon Favorelle

[​IMG]

Blue Cochin
    [​IMG]

Easter Egger
    [​IMG]

White Crested Black Polish
    [​IMG]

Hope you enjoyed the pics of the breeds I am getting!!!!! Please post what you think. : D

2. RavenWood

RavenWood Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2012
    Vanderhoof, BC Canada
    That will be an exciting hatch! I started my own Facebook page for Canadians to network, buy/sell/ swap eggs, and such, so now I have some mixed bantams, some faverolles, bronze heritage turkeys, brahmas, Pekin ducks and cayugas ordered! Love that Cochin - might have to get me some of those too! Just bought my own incubator too, so I'll be all set for an Easter/spring hatch. My NYD hatchlings are doing fabulous!

PS If any Canadians are reading this, please feel free to join my Facebook group 'A Speckled Hen': http://www.facebook.com/groups/aspeckledhen/

Last edited: Jan 13, 2013
  3. tadpole98

tadpole98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2012
    Missouri
    Polish!! silkie!! Cochin!!! d'uncles!! Ahhhhh!!!!! [​IMG] I love ALL those breeds!! congrats!

4. Silkie Chicken

Feb 22, 2012
    Thanks so much and i am so exited lol i can not wait lol. I should get them in April 1st lol april fools day lol. I will be getting a total of 25 chicks lol all sexed and should be mostly hens. I will post pics on this thread and prob. open another thread of the chicks when i get them in. I will also be breeding a black silkie with a black frizzle cochin to see if i can maybe get a frizzle slkie. I am not to big or well i should say i do not cross breed a lot or anything and that will be my first cross breed project and if i like the feather pattern and stuff i will try to come up with just a couple more projects for summer.

5. Silkie Chicken

Feb 22, 2012
    Right now in my flock are silkies and WV polish.

6. hrhta812

hrhta812 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2009
    Lebanon, IN
    The only type I have from that list are EEs and I can't say enough how much I enjoy them. Ours were born at the beginning of July 2012 and they started laying on New Year's Day. [​IMG]

The eggs have gotten bigger already and the girls have great personalities. I want more of them! Good luck and enjoy!

7. Silkie Chicken

Feb 22, 2012
    Thanks so much!!!! : D

8. connor97

connor97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Beautiful breeds, I'm jealous [​IMG]
    I'm sure they will get along just fine

9. Silkie Chicken

Feb 22, 2012
    Ok thanks everyone lol i hope so too connor!!!

10. Silkie Chicken

Feb 22, 2012
    ( LOL i mean i hope they get along not that i hope u jealous hahahaha lol )

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by