Time to go outside?!

i’m sorry, what would that temp be in farenheit?

Learn these formulas: (#°F − 32) × 5/9 = #°C to convert to °C or (#°C x 1.8) + 32 = #°F to convert to °F

Example from OP's post:

(10°C x 1.8) + 32 = 18 + 32 = 50°F
(3°C x 1.8) + 32 = 5.4 + 32 = 37.4°F
(-3°C x 1.8) + 32 = -5.4 + 32 = 26.6°F

Since we're an outlier when it comes to our measurement system, it's really on us to learn how to convert to what everybody else uses imo.

Calculate Adventure Time GIF

Edited because of random bolding...

Last edited:
Learn these formulas: (#°F − 32) × 5/9 = #°C to convert to °C or (#°C x 1.8) + 32 = #°F to convert to °F

Example from OP's post:

(10°C x 1.8) + 32 = 18 + 32 = 50°F
(3°C x 1.8) + 32 = 5.4 + 32 = 37.4°F
(-3°C x 1.8) + 32 = -5.4 + 32 = 26.6°F

Since we're an outlier when it comes to our measurement system, it's really on us to learn how to convert to what everybody else uses imo.

Calculate Adventure Time GIF
???????? i am so confused. my brain hurts! ????????

???????? i am so confused. my brain hurts! ????????

Ok, no worries, I can break it down more.

When you want to convert a temperature in Celsius to a temperature in Fahrenheit, multiply the temperature in Celsius by 1.8, then add 32. The result will be that temp in Fahrenheit.

If you want to do the opposite and convert a temperature in Fahrenheit to a temperature in Celsius, you would first subtract 32 from the temperature in Fahrenheit, then multiply it by the fraction 5/9. The result will be that temp in Celsius.

So in the first example, I was converting to Fahrenheit, so I took the temp in Celsius (10°), and multiplied it by 1.8, which equals 18. Then I added 32, which equals 50, which means that 10 degrees Celsius is the same as 50 degrees Fahrenheit.

Edited to add one of the examples.

Ok, no worries, I can break it down more.

When you want to convert a temperature in Celsius to a temperature in Fahrenheit, multiply the temperature in Celsius by 1.8, then add 32. The result will be that temp in Fahrenheit.

If you want to do the opposite and convert a temperature in Fahrenheit to a temperature in Celsius, you would first subtract 32 from the temperature in Fahrenheit, then multiply it by the fraction 5/9. The result will be that temp in Celsius.

So in the first example, I was converting to Fahrenheit, so I took the temp in Celsius (10°), and multiplied it by 1.8, which equals 18. Then I added 32, which equals 50, which means that 10 degrees Celsius is the same as 50 degrees Fahrenheit.

Edited to add one of the examples.
ohhh, thanks!

Back
Top Bottom