Time to hatch again, before I knew it

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ThaJuicyJuice, Apr 18, 2011.

1. ThaJuicyJuice

ThaJuicyJuice Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2011
    Miami
    Three weeks ago I cleaned out the incubator and scrubbed it like I was regifting a present. I made it look better than when I first opened the box. I thought for sure i wouldn't be using for it for at least a year. What do you know, I ordered more eggs and set the incubator up tonight. It's stabilizing next to me, and I can't wait for the eggs to arrive. How many people out there have found them-self in the same predicament?

2. Blubrd

Blubrd Out Of The Brooder

May 28, 2010
    Just finished dusting mine off 10 minutes ago. Setting it up tomorrow in my son's classroom at school.

3. bburn

bburn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2010
    Delaware, Arkansas
    Set mine Saturday night. One day after the last egg hatched. Was only going to hatch two breeds but then my DH said why aren't you filing it up? So....I filled it up! 41 eggs.......holding the temp nicely. Helps if you leave it alone!

4. dgecko

dgecko Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2011
    WHAT a empty incubator oooo noooooooooo I now have about 600 eggs in incubators and I just picked up 7 dozen today that my hens wanted to give to me. I gave 2 dozen to my daughter so they will be eaten and I still have 5 dozen on the table to go in tommorow. Maybe my hens will take a day off soon but I dont think they will. I need more incubators.

5. ThaJuicyJuice

ThaJuicyJuice Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2011
    Miami
    Quote:You are my hero

6. wowmanacat

wowmanacat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2011
    Oak Grove AR
    I am on my first hatch every on 4/30 or so and I am already thinking of putting a dozen more or so in after these one hatch, but they will all get sold as soon as they are here. Then do it again and keep them for by then I hope to have my EE eggs to add some more to my stock. All my chickens are barnyard mutts and I don't mind as long as I am getting eggs for my family to eat.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by