Time to Introduce myself.. Hello from Florida.

ChicksinFL

Chirping
8 Years
Aug 11, 2011
Hi everyone! Since I've already been here posting and reading (my daughters are here too just aren't posting) I thought I'd introduce myself. I'm Michele and we live in Florida, I homeschool my two daughters and they are 4H members. We've not done chickens before but are quickly getting totally hooked on them. So far we have 4 Silkies unknown pullets or cockerals as the oldest is about 14 weeks now and the youngest is about 6 weeks, we also have a cockeral and pullet Silver Laced Polish pair and have a Houdan eggs in the incubator now hatch date is the 10th. The girls would like to show their chickens in the county 4H show and maybe try a few actual chicken shows. We found one local on the 5 of Nov and plan to just go observe, they can't wait to see what it's like.

We also have goats, horses, dogs, cats, and two Pekin Ducks that the girls just HAD TO HAVE from the feed store a few months back.

welcome-byc.gif
from the Finger Lakes of New York! Sounds like a nice little farm you have going. So glad to have you aboard!

thumbsup.gif

Welcome to BYC!

I'm sure your girls will love the chickens.

And hopefully you'll get Silkie pullets. They take so long to mature!

I have three Silkies and finally one just grew a bit larger than the other two.

I assumed he was a rooster . . . when he finally decided to crow, I knew he was a rooster!

So now I can breed Silkies!

I hope your daughters enjoy their 4H!

smile.png

Thank you both for the welcome.

@greymare.. yes we are getting a nice little farm going. It seems to grow by leaps then tapers off again. We'll be adding a show goat for the youngest this year, as the three we have the nicest is claimed by the oldest daughter! They both also show and ride horses so we've always got 3-4 here but do sell and buy often it seems as they advance.

@alienchick.. They LOVE 4H now that they found a good club, we had a really bad year then found a good club so they are much happier now. We are hoping for at least one roo in the bunch of Silkies but I'm crossing my fingers they aren't ALL roos!

Quote:
I was just over that way a week or so ago, my youngest daughter had a photo shoot.

Back
Top Bottom