time to put my new babies outside to sleep

the3ofus+oursixchicks

Songster
8 Years
Apr 22, 2011
alabama
ok, i have two big girls and four babies but they are ready to sleep outside. how do you get them to all sleep in the same coop? there is a size difference and petunia chases the little ones. should i put them together or what should i do? they all free range together well they are all in the yard but together they are not. rosey doesnt bother them really but petunia chacses them. i only have one coop and its small. what should i do about the sleeping? i already have the run sectioned for the little ones and big ones. i have 2 big ones and 4 little ones so when we arent here they arent in the same pen. the little ones are probably halff the size of the big ones. any advice is welcomed!

I have no experience, but I'll chime in anyway :)

Is it possible to box off a corner with wire on top and a "door" small enough for the little ones that Rosey can't get through? At least then they could hide when necessary until they get big enough to kick her tail feathers for being mean when she had the size advantage :)

Well I have all diffrent age chickens and chicks. I have the 2 youngest. They are black sex-links. Then there are the 9 ISA brown chicks that are 2 weeks older the the sex-links. Then I have 14 older hers and 1 rooster. they all get along fine. SOmetimes the hens will chase the chicks away from them and there eggs but nothing to big.

Back
Top Bottom