Time To Spring Forward Tonight

BeckyLa

Songster
13 Years
Jan 11, 2007
N. Louisiana
Just a reminder for everybody, at least in most of the U.S., to change your clocks tonight. Forward by one hour.
tongue.png

jumpy.gif
Hey do any of you notice if your chickens are affected by the time change? I just wonder if it screws them up because they are up so much later in the evenings.
yippiechickie.gif

I think that since I have failed to put a clock in their coop it's probably all the same to them. They are just reaping the benefit of me being up earlier.
gig.gif

I think the time changing in the spring messes me up more than in the fall.
My old man has to start going to work earlier this week,wonderful, now we gotta get up at 3 a.m.
th.gif

Miriam

Early daylight savings in wonderful. The grass is turning green the trees are getting their leaves it was 80 degrees yesterday and maybe a record 81 degrees for today’s date. I took the window covers off the hen house yesterday and my 8 chickens are laying and average 7-8 eggs a day.
D.gif

I hate it! I'm still on supplemental lighting so that I get some eggs here in the long winter. If I readjust the timer any more than 15 minutes every couple of days, everyone stops laying! It'll be another week or more until I see an egg!
Not to mention, it is now dark when I visit the coop in the morning, and first thing on Sunday, didn't I take a ride on the ice and end up on my patoot!
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom