Time to try to make my easier...So sick of SWEEPING!!

We have a Dyson and the thing is a godsend! We have a great dane that sheds more than everything else combined, but it is quick and easy to run the vacuum around and get it taken care of. We got the Animal model, and it doesn't have the ball, because I read several reviews of those models having suction issues. One complaint that a lot of people seem to have about Dysons is that the bristles are too stiff and cause the carpet to shed, potentially reducing the lifetime of the carpet. However this makes it wonderful for getting all of the poky dog hairs out of the carpet, which used to drive me batty.

Wow! Thanks guys!!

I have been going back and forth on the Dyson, seems like the way to go I guess.

I used to sweep, then swiffer, then mop. Now I just sweep..a lot!
I looked that the roomba, but it says you have to sweep out the conrers and under the couch (if it isn't high enough) for it to do well.

We always tale our shoes off at the door and we have a mud room, but sometimes the kids forget or DH if he has to come in and out during a project. The majority of it is the dogs!
Our area run always has those stiff, pokey dog hairs in it and my vacuum doesn't do well on them! The poor kids end up with dog hair on them when they are crawling around..oh and fleece outfits or anything close..forget it! Dog hair goes in and sticks! Those little hairs poke and hurt when they get stuck in your clothes!

Dh and I are going vacuum shopping this afternoon, I am hoping to come home with something that will make my days easier!

Well I got a vacuum!!! I got the Bissell Lift off Pet! I vacuumed last night and the amount of dirt, hair and fuzzies was amazing and a bit embarrassing! We kept vacuuming and taking out the dirt cup and just looking in amazement.

I think I'll just hire a maid! I hate my roomba. It's forever getting wound up with hair. My Walmart bissell is not much better. I have all hardwood and tile, except the finished basement is carpet.

This time of year is the worse with muddy paw prints everywhere
sad.png

Maybe I'll try one of those Dysons....

I wish I'd seen this thread earlier- I'm going to appall everyone...

The best vac I ever got was a Eureka canister vac that was at least 40 years old, but you could still get bags for it. Someone sold it brand new (tag on it, never used) at a garage sale, and I was 22 and thought antique was cool...and it was $5!

So when our house burned down 10 years ago, I lost it, and I bought a $50 eureka at Target, upright, bagless. I still have it. I could suck the hair off of my head with it!

We have 2 dogs and a 28# long-haired cat who sheds in chunks, the DH works as a golf course superintendent and tracks all kinds of mud and stuff in- the floor is 100 years old, and wood- not in good condition (read: splinters from Hades) so it's important to pull crud from the cracks!!

I won't ever spend a bunch of money on a vac. I'm happy with this one and will just go with something similar if it ever dies!

Back
Top Bottom